UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Career Mode - Decrease the energy cost for Watch Tape

★ Guide

I've only used Watch Tape once just to see what it does. I haven't used it since but I always either have 10 or 20 stamina left after doing 2 sparring sessions. 

Honestly the Watch Tape option is super useless, I don't even remember what it did from the one time I used it. I wish it would buff your character's fighter in some way.

Message 11 of 47 (4,387 Views)

Re: UFC 4 Career Mode Discussion

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
UFC 4 has the same 4 bodytypes for females as in UFC 3. Give us some more options with female bodys.
Message 12 of 47 (4,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry I’m not getting a title shot what am I doing wrong? Been number #1 multiple times never lose, fights are always very high hype, why am I not getting the shot?
Message 13 of 47 (4,593 Views)

★ Novice

Is there a difficulty setting for career mode?  If so, where?  I cant seem to find it

Message 14 of 47 (4,449 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can we eventually add fighters hairstyles to CAF like Kevin Lee’s is all I want but there’s so many that could be on the CAF list.

Message 15 of 47 (4,433 Views)

Career mode falsely advertised?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

From what I'm seeing the ability to "call out" other fighters is in fact not a thing. I don't understand why you have to wait for the game to prompt you before you can start a rivalry (without knocking somebody out in the gym or turning down a fight against them)

On another note the same goes for weight class changes. I don't see why we can't change every few fights or after a couple losses with the added penalty of maybe losing ranking spots or not being ranked in the new weight class.

I don't get why these are things we need to wait for the game to decide on before they can be done by the player. This was advertised as completely unscripted, yet what I just mentioned is the exact definition of scripted. 

When another fighter "tweets" you on social media and you respond to start a rivalry, that's not the player calling them out. That's them calling the player out, and the player responding. It doesn't make sense that we can't use the exact same system we use to build connections with other fighters to call fighters out also.

Also the call-out system is backwards, when you're a contender everybody is calling you out. Yet as a champ I've racked up ten defenses and haven't had a rivalry in like eight fights or had anybody take jabs at me on social media. 

Same goes for weight class changes, why can't we use some of our weekly points to tease a weight change and after a fight or two get offered fights up or down a division depending on what we chose. It's too much of a Conor McGregor simulator, why do you have to win the belt and challenge another champ to change weights when so many fighters go up and down based on their career trajectory?

Message 16 of 47 (4,360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@btfromazthere is!!! L3 / left stick ...there you can change setting. even fighter apparel

Message 17 of 47 (4,404 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

in the trailer it says: "move up OR DOWN [a weightclass] to add another challenge to your career" 

Can someone confirm moving down? 

I got a 5'6'  Welterweight, never got the option to decide. I am now dealing with middleweights.

Is there an height/weight range for moving up or down? Thx.

Message 18 of 47 (4,391 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
Hey,

in the trailer it says: "move up OR DOWN [a weightclass] to add another challenge to your career". How do we change weight classes? I got the offer to move up, but not down. How do we move down a weightclass?
Message 19 of 47 (4,273 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry
How do we move down a weight class in career-mode?
Message 20 of 47 (4,151 Views)