Titanfall settings not saving

by Haiderz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall settings not saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Unfortunately it seems that everytime I play the game the default settings are applied instead of the settings I changed on my previous play. Also, the Tutorial engages upon every launch even though I have already finished it.

I'm currently having similar problems with FIFA 14 (Settings not loading and game crashes on start), and I wonder if Origin has issues with games being installed on a drive that is not the system one (C: ), although Origin is installed on the same drive. If anyone has an idea, it'd be much appricated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (21,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall settings not saving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I seem to have figured out the problem I'm having (with both Titanfall and FIFA 14) myself, hopefully it will apply to your situation too. When I moved the location of 'Documents' to my other drive using the 'Location' tab in the settings it was originally moved to my G:\ drive. After I swapped out some HDDs and changed the letters of my drive (In this case, G:\ to E:\ ) that contained the 'Documents' folder, Windows lost the original path to the default location. Since Origin uses the default location of the 'Documents' folder to store data which now no longer exists (G:\Documents) it could not write any settings to the folder. I found a tutorial to restore the default location of the 'Documents' folder back to C:\ and then moved the location back over to E:\ where all of my actual documents are and it merged the folders. Once I relaunched Titanfall, it gave me the error message of my cloud saves being out of sync then proceeded to create the Titanfall folder in my 'Documents' folder when the game synced and launched. Now it seems my settings are saving and it even fixed my FIFA 14 crashing issue. Hopefully this will work for you too!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18583-user-folders-restore-default-location.html - Tutorial to restore default 'Documents' location, use the second option involving registry editing.

Let me know how it goes!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (22,598 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue. I have my game on the C: disk and my documents on the E: disk.

For some reason Titanfall decides not to save a config file anywhere, causing me to change my settings everything I start it up.

Changing my documents folder to the C: disk does not solve the problem. 

Dead Space 3 saves fine.

Message 2 of 4 (21,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I seem to have figured out the problem I'm having (with both Titanfall and FIFA 14) myself, hopefully it will apply to your situation too. When I moved the location of 'Documents' to my other drive using the 'Location' tab in the settings it was originally moved to my G:\ drive. After I swapped out some HDDs and changed the letters of my drive (In this case, G:\ to E:\ ) that contained the 'Documents' folder, Windows lost the original path to the default location. Since Origin uses the default location of the 'Documents' folder to store data which now no longer exists (G:\Documents) it could not write any settings to the folder. I found a tutorial to restore the default location of the 'Documents' folder back to C:\ and then moved the location back over to E:\ where all of my actual documents are and it merged the folders. Once I relaunched Titanfall, it gave me the error message of my cloud saves being out of sync then proceeded to create the Titanfall folder in my 'Documents' folder when the game synced and launched. Now it seems my settings are saving and it even fixed my FIFA 14 crashing issue. Hopefully this will work for you too!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18583-user-folders-restore-default-location.html - Tutorial to restore default 'Documents' location, use the second option involving registry editing.

Let me know how it goes!

Message 3 of 4 (22,599 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I can confirm going into registry solves the problem.

Registry still had my F: disk as my default location for documents. I haven't used that disk in months.

Fixed my problem, thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (21,007 Views)