Re: Titanfall 2 crash immediately in game -- error 0x887A0006

by MineApostasy

Original Post

Titanfall 2 crash immediately in game -- error 0x887A0006

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I know this has been an issue to continually show up, but I've not yet seen a sufficient fix, and have tried every other fix I can.

Running on an i7-6700HQ CPU, 16GB Ram, GeForce 1070 video card. I just bought the game and tried immediately matchmaking in multiplayer with a friend. Made it into the game itself, then had the 0x887A0006 error appear. Restarted the game and had it happen immediately upon entering the multiplayer match. I restarted the computer, updated my video drivers, updated DirectX, changed to windowed mode, reduced the texture quality to high, turned off origin overlay, turned off nvidia experience, ran origin as an admin, went through compatibility mode with the game, and none of this was to any avail. I also tried playing the campaign, but it similarly crashes out with the same error in the first mission when the player character is presented with a menu to confirm the aim controls after calibrating vertical view on the two lights in the *pit.

I'd really like to actually get to play the game, but nothing I'm doing seems to have any effect on the error.

Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Community Manager

@MineApostasy Thanks for the detailed post. There's a few more things I'd like to try. I'd start with a clean reinstall of your graphics card drivers, rather than just an update. Once this completes I'd restart the game with a Clean Boot, and just run the game with nothing else in the background.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I'd also try turning all graphics settings as low as possible, as potato as you can go. Clearly that system is capable of playing the game on higher settings, but I want to see if this affects the crashing. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_David Thank you very much for your prompt reply; I'm sorry mine isn't as prompt as my email account decided it was junk!

I will try these options when I have a chance to test the game again and let you know when I have. I did find that it would play nice if I underclocked my GPU by 200 MHz, it least for a while before crashing.

Message 3 of 3 (352 Views)