by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Titanfall 2 PC Performance Problem

★★★ Newbie

First off here are my basic PC specs. 

Asus GTX 770

i5-4670k

8gb DDR3 

So I know my PC makes at least the minimum requirements. When I first started playing the game I could run the game with the adaptive frame rate set to 60 and the graphics settings set from medium-high (using the recommended settings). A couple weeks ago, however, I started getting really bad performance. Setting everything to as low as possible aside from the resolution being 1080p, even using the adaptive resolution I struggle to hit 45 fps. I don't know how far the resolution drops exactly, but it is definitely less that 720p.

Every benchmark I look at has the 770 hitting about 47 fps on VERY HIGH settings, so I don't know what's wrong. Maybe whatever Nvidia drivers got released screwed up my system, I don't know. This is the only game that has done this to my knowledge.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know a fix to this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 PC Performance Problem

★★★ Newbie

Never mind I figured it out. I just needed a clean install of my nvidia drivers and I'm getting good performance now.

Message 2 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 PC Performance Problem

★★★★★ Expert

Both the AMD and the nVIDIA drivers can be corrupted by layering the updates atop one another, although the results vary all over the place.  Glad you figured this out, and thanks for dropping back in to provide the news! 

Message 3 of 3 (161 Views)