Titanfall 2 Not Launching Windows 11

by Mike17855

Original Post

Titanfall 2 Not Launching Windows 11

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am trying to run Titanfall 2 on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro, however, the game will not launch.

The game was purchased on Steam and installed on a storage drive. When opened from Steam, EA launcher will open and try to launch Titanfall but once it tries, nothing happens. No error, nothing, the launch process just stops.

Here is what I've done so far to try and resolve the issue.

• Installed C++ - From redist files found within the game
  • Installed DirectX - From redist files found within the game
  • Installed Apex Legends, I did this in hopes the game would install needed files to launch Titanfall 2 - Apex runs fine
    • I also have an issue with Plants vs Zombies giving a "There's an issue with your install" error I am working on too
  • I have deleted D3DCompiler_43 - This was reinstalled once DirectX was installed and my computer was reset
  • Validated and repaired the game files thru Steam
  • Computer is new i7, z790 chipset and 4080 - All drivers, updates and BIOs have been installed
  • After trying all these items, a DLL issue started but once I reset my computer, the issue went away. I am not back to the game just not launching. When launch fails the EA app will come back to the main screen.

Please assist.

Message 1 of 6 (3,590 Views)

Re: Titanfall 2 Not Launching Windows 11

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues. 

Pirated games back in 2003 ran better than this...

Message 2 of 6 (2,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this helps, Troubleshoot VC++ and .dll errors with the EA app 
but the section on windows security fixed my problem. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,261 Views)

★ Novice

Just an update I was having the same issues and i have been banging my skull against it for a while now. I found out if i Disconnect my internetcable or disable network drivers titanfall 2 works flawlessly .... of course i want networking and i still havent solved that but this has at least been a step in the right direction. 

Incidently this same issue happens to my Conan Exiles game... and its also fixed by disconnecting from the internet like titanfall 2... all my other games work fine with networking.

Message 4 of 6 (2,244 Views)

★ Novice

OH and 1 more thing .... 

when im connected to my network for some reason when i start titanfall 2 the game tries to run windowed and slightly off screen which is really odd then immediately crashes. As soon as i disconnect ethernet or disable ethernet driver ... it opens perfectly to full screen and runs fine. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you end up getting this fixed?

Message 6 of 6 (842 Views)