Takes over an hour to start multiplayer in Titanfall 2

by henrikkul2

Original Post

Takes over an hour to start multiplayer in Titanfall 2

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Connecting to a data center can take between 30 minutes to an hour, getting into matchmaking takes another 30 minutes. and worst of all, if i wait to long the game will kick me out of matchmaking. As i'm writing this, it's been an hour and i've still not been connected to a data center. I have no connectivity issues in any other games, and i never lose connection or experience a low ping once i'm in matchmaking in titanfall 2. 

Message 1 of 11 (361 Views)

Re: Takes over an hour to start multiplayer in Titanfall 2

Community Manager

@henrikkul2 What system are you on? Does changing Data Center have any effect?

Are you on a shared network, such as a college one? if so, please reach out to your admin. 

If you're on a private/home network, please power cycle your router and try disconnecting any other systems from the network, then attempt to connect again. 

Thanks for the post, I hope we can find the source of this issue. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (345 Views)

★★ Novice

Me and my friend is facing this similar problem as well, data center is for ever searchin g and i cant get in a multiplayer game. Please help

Message 3 of 11 (344 Views)

★ Novice

changing data centers does not help and even if it did, it would still take an hour to connect to the data center.

i'm on a pc connected to a private network power cycling the router did not help.

Message 4 of 11 (336 Views)

Community Manager

@MuhdDannial What system are you playing on?

@henrikkul2 Can you try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and see if that has any effect on the issue? Can you also open the ports listed on this page?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/titanfall/titanfall-2/troubleshoot-titanfall-2-issues/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 11 (325 Views)

★ Novice

Those things did not work.

Message 6 of 11 (318 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm. I do wonder if you have an unusual manifestation of a different issue. Can you try disabling any network adapters that you don't use, and see if this has any effect?

You may also want to try a repair, but I suspect this won't have a dramatic effect. Right-click the game panel in Origin to get the repair option. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 11 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

disabling unused network adapters was the first thing i did. luckily, the new update fixed my problem!

allthough the update also made the game crash if i use my amd card, every time i want to play titanfall, i now need to switch my hdmi cable from the r9 290 to the gtx 770. not the biggest problem in the world, since the 770 is decent and i'm used to doing this because far cry 3 has the same problem.

Message 8 of 11 (286 Views)

Community Manager

@henrikkul2 Thanks for the update on the connection issue. 

As for the card issue, having an AMD and Nvidia card is a fairly unusual setup, so I wonder if that's a factor with this issue. 

If you want to avoid physically swapping the cable, perhaps disabling the 770 via the Device Manager before launching the game will make the game run on the AMD card. 

As you say this wouldn't be a dramatically impacting issue, but it's odd and interesting. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 11 (275 Views)

★ Novice

Titanfall 2 is trying to run on the AMD card just like far cry 3, after some loading menus and even a few animations it crashes.

Message 10 of 11 (270 Views)