Ion Red Baron Camo (BF1 Promo) not available for Ion Prime variant

by rentbuzzline

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ion Red Baron Camo (BF1 Promo) not available for Ion Prime variant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As the title says, when I select my newly bought Ion Prime, I can't select the Red Baron Camo. When switching to regular Ion, it is available. Is this intended (which would suck, since I really dig the camo and want to use it on my shiny new prime)?

Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ion Red Baron Camo (BF1 Promo) not available for Ion Prime variant

Community Manager

@rentbuzzline Hmm, I fear that the skin won't be usable with the Prime variant. There are some differences in the geometry between the Prime and regular Titans, and as Red Baron is specifically tailored for the default Ion I'd guess that the skin wouldn't transfer across smoothly.I'll guess this is a reason for the nose art restrictions too. 

Baron Prime would be a very cool skin, hopefully it's something that can be added eventually, but I can't make any promises. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (269 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

And just to clarify: I know that the prime variants cannot use nose art. But this is a regular camo, so it really should be available.

Message 2 of 3 (258 Views)

Community Manager

@rentbuzzline Hmm, I fear that the skin won't be usable with the Prime variant. There are some differences in the geometry between the Prime and regular Titans, and as Red Baron is specifically tailored for the default Ion I'd guess that the skin wouldn't transfer across smoothly.I'll guess this is a reason for the nose art restrictions too. 

Baron Prime would be a very cool skin, hopefully it's something that can be added eventually, but I can't make any promises. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 3 (270 Views)