cant delete it ffs

Message 21 of 29 (3,430 Views)

Re: Game wont launch - Couldn't Initialize Sound

★★★ Newbie
@Lt-Dimension i dont see a speaker icon
Message 22 of 29 (3,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you are using a controller unplug your headphones from the controller. plug your headphones into your computer then launch the game

Message 23 of 29 (2,724 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also going to paste this answer here, for those that also have this problem

ok so I found the extended fix for all those who are having this problem while running VB Voicemeeter Banana (VB).

This is the usual error for this problem:

---------------------------
Engine Error
---------------------------
(7.896) Couldn't intialize sound.
Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.
Failed in: MilesDriverCreate
Miles output follows:
Audio Hardware Error: Failed to initialize IAudioClient (shared, event mode, float, chans=2, rate=44100, HR=AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_IN_USE)
Failed to initialized WASAPI audio hardware, trying XAudio.
Couldn't create XAudio2 master voice.

So the problem that I found is that both apex and VB want to use your priority audio device exclusively, as such when both of those are the same device the one that is opened first will get the priority and the other one will crash/break. if you open vb first it will be fine and apex will crash. if you open apex first vb will break saying that another application has priority.

BTW your priority device is the one in your sound settings at the top.

So the fix for this is to have those on two separate devices. I use vb to split my audio from desktop and discord, so that i can stream and mute my disc friends who randomly curse while the audience can still listen to the in-game sound.

FIX: your priority device in sound settings should not be your headphones/speakers/desktop screen. IT MUST be set to VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO). This will therefore set apex to run through VoiceMeeter, which then runs to your headphones.

Now the reason this probably happened: most likely if you setup vb you would have already had this setup. However, when you close vb )stop streaming) you realise that you cant hear anything cause your priority device is still VoiceMeeter (however since VoiceMeeter is closed, that audio just goes dead).

So in the peoples infinite wisdom they reset that priority device to their headphones (so they can hear sound without VoiceMeeter open), then completely forget that they have done that when they next try to stream and run apex. They open VB, open apex, and get the crash notification, cause they had effectively pre-broken it and then forgotten about it

That is why it goes from working -> broken. instead of just always been broken when they setup VB the first time

Message 24 of 29 (2,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

acabo de cambiar el idioma del juego y pude ingresar de forma normal :3 

Message 25 of 29 (2,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using a Onyx Mackie 2.2 and setting format to 24 bit // 44100 Hz was an immediate fix.

Message 26 of 29 (1,678 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a really similar issue where my game will not boot, but in my case the error message is slightly different, it goes as follows: 

Couldn't initialize sound.
Please make sure you have a sound playback device that is enabled and properly configured.
Failed in: MilesBankGetStatus
Miles output follows:
Streaming source r2\sound\general_stream_patch_8.mstr is not a Miles Stream.

I have tried many different fixes and none have worked so far, if anyone knows how to help please get back to me as soon as possible.

Message 27 of 29 (87 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Lenog07I have also had this problem and nothing so far has worked, i wish someone would help

Message 28 of 29 (14 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yo bro I just uninstalled and re-installed and it worked

Message 29 of 29 (5 Views)