Re: Connectivity Issues XBOX 360 Titanfall

by jwismar

Original Post

Connectivity Issues XBOX 360 Titanfall

★★★ Newbie

Hello Users,

Today a new update came out for TitanFall and ever since this update was installed I have been having some issues connecting to the matchmaking. It will bring up the screen : Connecting... Retrieving matchmaking list... and then it will go to: Connecting... Attempting Connection [# of 10] and it will repeat this cycle for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour which as u can imagine gets quite irritating.

I would normally think this is my Internet connection but my ping is currently 23 and my friend that lives across the city from me is having the same problem. TitanFall is currently one of my favorite games and I would hope this either gets fixed or I am told a work-around. Please respond if you are either having the same issue or know how to fix/prevent this. Thank you for the help

~n0 instinct~

Message 1 of 10 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also yes I already have checked the troubleshooting page.

Message 2 of 10 (1,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have same exact issue and it started immediately following the update that included 8V8 and Wingman temp game modes. Connecting, Retrieving, repeat...
xbox360, west data center, v1.11.124415.
Internet is fine, Xbox Live is fine - this is a Titanfall Software Issue.
Message 3 of 10 (1,077 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly the same. SInce the update, I have been able to connect to only 1 round of Pilot Skirmish (got dropped in with about 30 seconds left). Other than that, about 2 total hours of watching "Retrieving matchmaking list -> Attempting connection(n of m) -> repeat" during the past 15 hours. 

As an aside -- and this may be related or might not -- I also notice that since the update there's what appears to be a new threading/async networking behavior, possibly indicaing a multithreading bug. While the "Attempting..." is happening, and presumably while waiting for a timeout, the video in the background lfreezes and any user input (like hitting the"Cancel" button!) is missed. (I'm a software developer and watch for these things.)

Message 4 of 10 (1,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Good call on the background video freezing and the cancel/select buttons not working - I experience the same issue during the connection attempts.
Message 5 of 10 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes Seriously? Why does this happen every time? Isn't it someone's job to see that it doesn't?
Message 6 of 10 (1,028 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same exact issue. I was able to play last night after switching severs, but today I can not connect at all. I have reset my router and checked all of my settings and all is fine. I'm connecting at 32mbs so I know it's not the connection. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,018 Views)

★ Novice

Got on with no problem this evening. Maybe the problem has cleared up?

Message 8 of 10 (998 Views)

★ Novice

Looks like it may have been cleared up. I got on around 10pm CST with no issues. 

Message 9 of 10 (995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too was able to get on last night without a hitch.  Guessing EA tweaked their servers?

Message 10 of 10 (992 Views)