Re: sims 4 update won't download. i am so done. FIXXED VERY EASY

by lehambaboon

Original Post

Re: sims 4 update won't download. i am so done.

★ Novice

I am having the same issue, my Sims 4 will not give me the option to play... I right click it and tell it to do update and it does nothing... My first night was amazing and I continued to play well until I closed the game and had to try and re-open it... This is frustrating and the fact no one can seem to help is crazy. This is a big issue for a very expensive game ($90)

Message 11 of 20 (7,001 Views)

★ Novice

Hey everyone,

I was looking around on the forums and found a solution, at least that worked for me!

Credit goes to this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-PLAY-button-won-t-highlite/m-p/3441529/highlight/false

"

Try Clearing out the origin cache 

1. Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
  2. Delete the following folders:
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ 
  • Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\
  • Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them.

to unhide folders:

-type folder options in the search field in the start menu

-click on the view tab 

-under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok "

Hope this works for all of you =) Happy simming!

Message 12 of 20 (6,996 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hindhaughlee    

its great that you're not having problems, but a lot of us are. I've been looking forward to the Sims 4 since I started playing the sims 3 and i dropped a huge chunk of my paycheck on this game. I'm incredibly disappointed that Origin has had such incredibly huge issues and i want them fixed immediately so that i can actually play the game i paid $90 for!

Message 13 of 20 (6,958 Views)

★★ Novice

OK ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS OPEN TASK MANAGER, RIGHT CLICK ON WINDOWS BAR AT BOTTOM SELECT TASK MANAGER AND SCROLL DOWN TILL YOU FIND SIMS 4, THEN RIGHT CLICK AND PRESS END PROCESS.... THEN RUN ORIGIN AS NORMAL RIGHT CLICK ON SIMS 4 AND PRESS UPDATE, IT WILL UPDATE AS NORMAL AND WILL WORK FINE, 

WHAT HAPPENS IS THT IT WILL NOT UPDATE AS THE GAME IS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND, HOPE IT HELPS YO ALL Standard smile 

Message 14 of 20 (7,636 Views)

★★ Novice

Fan-**bleep**-tastic for you. I've unistalled and reinstalled origin 4 times. I've restarted my computer 6 times. I can't even uninstall The Sims 4 because it says that some program is open even when it's not. So, great for you. Really.

Message 15 of 20 (6,868 Views)

The Sims 4 update won't download.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My sims game won't download the update ether, but I did the thing that you did, it deleted the things, but I still cant download the update, nor play without updating. I'm quite frustrated when it says "Finalizing Update..." Then says its unable to!! I've even threated my computer, but it doesnt care... Confusedmileymad:

Message 16 of 20 (6,812 Views)

★ Novice

I found this method works (I found it on a different forum so this is a kind of repost)

1. Open Task Manager (I have Windows 7 so crtl+alt+delete and select)

2. Make sure sims isn't running in task manager if so end the program

3. open the 'Processes' tab

4. end all of the ts4 applications; their Image Name should be 'ts4.exe*32' or something to that effect

5. The update should now download without crashing every time you go to retry.

It has something to do with the application running in the background. Bear in mind my AVG was off and I had restarted Origin beforehand.

Hope this helps, Bee~

Message 17 of 20 (6,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@babywrench 

This worked for me. My problem was that the update would not finish. Would get to about 95% and then pause it would then give me the option to resume the update but would end up just restarting the whole process. Thanks very much. Confusedmileywink:

Message 18 of 20 (6,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks!!  You are wonderful!!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 19 of 20 (6,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was the only suggestion that actually helped. I can't thank you enough!!Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 20 of 20 (6,474 Views)