Re: Stonecutter Number 1 Daily Tasks Disappearing

by mistyyy83

Original Post

Stonecutter Number 1 Daily Tasks Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There is an issue that seems to keep reoccuring in the game. You can complete Number 1's tasks...to a point, but then are "locked out" of them in a sense. 

What happens is normally you click on Number 1's icon in the top right corner of your game to open the window with the 4 daily tasks listed. 

The glitch in this is after completing one or more of the tasks (it varies by player) any further attempts to tap on his icon and open the window only results in the screen flashing for a brief moment, then gone. This is preventing anyone from completing the tasks further. 

It seems to resolve itself sometimes after the 24 hour block resets, but it comes right back again. No basic troubleshooting is correcting this, including and unistall/reinstall. 

Please add to this thread if you are experiencing the issue too. List the last item you completed if you remember. List the device you are playing on as well (in case that helps). 

(FYI I am at tstoaddicts and have figured out the complete list of tasks for all the days. This helps with this glitch as you can kind of "bypass" it by just finding the next one that should pop up and sending those characters on it. )

Message 81 of 159 (2,541 Views)

Re: Stonecutter number 1 character problems

★★★★ Novice

Mine flashed just like the OP said.

After doing all of the 4 tasks the time remaining until reset was 4 minutes. 10 minutes later it flashed, I did not reinstall the game, just rebooted the phone (SGS3, Android 4.3 stock), it still flashed.

Nearly an hour later it worked normally and showed a task in progress with around 2 minutes remaining. So I waited and it validated the first task completed, mind that since it kept flashing I couldn't possibly have known what was the task about, but 58 minutes earlier I sent all of the Springfielders on a 60m job each and one of them must have done the Number 1's task, tricky.

I also noticed that coincidentally it did not flash any longer 1 hour and 5 minutes after reset, is it possible if flashed only for the first hour due to an unknown time-related bug? Possibly DST?

Conclusion: Since the first task after reset is likely going to last 60m send all of the Springfielders on a 60m job. Likely the Number 1 is going to talk to you after an hour, research and confirm for the others, good luck.

Message 82 of 159 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The first task is to get the kids to have a gulp slide or something, then to have brainiacs attempt atomic fission
Message 83 of 159 (2,513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@gemtkd wrote:
The first task is to get the kids to have a gulp slide or something, then to have brainiacs attempt atomic fission

It's random apparently as in my case the first task was about a sad man having coffee and the second task was about a glutton picking up a mysterious parcel.

Message 84 of 159 (2,493 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The task just doesn't show up under job list when I click my characters so no way to get them to do task.
Message 85 of 159 (2,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've also been experiencing this problem since getting to part 4 of main quest - i.e. haven't been able to solve any of number 1's tasks. Top right-hand icon flashes and disappears as has been described. Looks like I also might not have received stonecutter tokens as rewards for completing earlier buildings etc (as I have just over 80 total, which includes rewards for spying on neighbors).
I'm just posting as suggested hopefully to get a fix soon from EA.
Thanks for opening up this thread.
Message 86 of 159 (2,466 Views)

★★ Novice

Funny thing happened with mine. Id sent krusty to walk for 12 hrs overnight, and he was still going this morning, when the task list for today came up way after krusty started) , when he finished the task was complete! Bonus :  . I thought Id have to send him again. nup. good glitch :

so, seems to be working fine atm, will update when I can , cheers :

Message 87 of 159 (2,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Scratch my post about problems - tasks seems to be working now (though still looks like I missed out on earlier task rewards).
Message 88 of 159 (2,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem, I'm supposed to send a criminal to study the bible but the option to do so isn't there =(
Message 89 of 159 (2,435 Views)

@mistyyy83 click on Snake and you will see study the bible. That task is also under a few more people in your town. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 90 of 159 (2,418 Views)