failed to load library: mileswin64.dll

by OzyTheBionic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

failed to load library: mileswin64.dll

★★★ Newbie

I play Apex using steam on a windows 8.1 computer, I have 1200 hours on the game and haven't had any issues starting it before, I have tried reinstalling it 3 times, I tried to use origin, also didn't work, verified the files on both origin and steam, apex was never installed on either at the same time, after the recent "Beast of Prey Collection Event" update, I have been unable to start up Apex, whenever I do click start on steam I get the error "Failed to load library: mileswin64.dll" followed up by a "The application encountered and unrecoverable error" and it wanted me to contact support.

Message 1 of 4 (611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: failed to load library: mileswin64.dll

EA DICE Team

Hey,  @OzyTheBionic @xorc1stt  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Have you gotten it fixed? if so, Please help me! I am experiencing the same problem.

Message 2 of 4 (540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've yet to get it fixed, but there are some solutions that have worked for others apparently, windows updates not like going from windows 8 to windows 10, but just generic updates, deleting the file and then running a repair so it's replaced with hopefully a working file, deleting and reinstalling, but none of these have worked for me, I think they're hit and miss, but I'm not sure.

Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey,  @OzyTheBionic @xorc1stt  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)