Re: UDP Telemetry?

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Re: specification for the UDP telemetry output system for WRC 23

★★ Guide
@waaaylander If there is the UDP Telemetry output and if the format is same as with DiRT Rally 2/Grid 2, then it should be pretty straightforward to get first versions out.

But if the data and/or format spec is different, then most likely you have to wait quite some time, before a) the telemetry data spec is published or b) the output is reverse-engineered.

Cheers
Message 11 of 110 (7,020 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still no telemetry documentation and days are counting before public release. I had the chance to discuss with a person selected for the press releases. We inspected the game settings and config files. We could not find any telemetry setting. I just hope we missed it.

Please ea Wink it's time to let us breath knowing that we will be able to go full send with motion, displays LEDs, shakers ....

Message 12 of 110 (6,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree. No racing/rally driving without telemetry and Simhub .

Message 13 of 110 (6,965 Views)

★ Guide

@ES, why are you reading any of these topics anymore? The F1'23 UDP data file is not accurate anymore, questions are asked for improvements, and they aren;t made. And now you are releasing a new game, en 0 information about the UDP data? You are loosing a big fanbase with this!

Message 14 of 110 (6,954 Views)

Re: specification for the UDP telemetry output system for WRC 23

★ Novice

NO UDP, NO BUY!

Message 15 of 110 (6,947 Views)

Re: spécification du système de sortie de télémétrie UDP pour WRC 23

★★★ Newbie

what about telemetry? no telemetry no purchase for me. Pls do this!

Message 16 of 110 (6,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is what worries me.

I raised this topic about UDP Telemetry for the WRC game many months ago on the general EA section.I got told to talk to the devs, I need to apply to join the "creator network" s, which I did. After 4 months my application is still pending. I think it is clear, EA is focusing on the youtubers & influencers etc. who drive the early stage uninformed purchases and not the tool developers, who drive the longevity of these games.

I have pre-purchased the game 1) to enjoy it early but also  2) to also make sure my Tool works with it ... but, I only add support to games I play myself and I am now only playing racing games/simulators which provide telemetry data. So if there is no real-time (UDP or Shared Memory or simllar) telemetry, then I will not play such game. And to me for any modern game, having real-time Telemetry is just one of the things on the bucket list of must-haves, not something to be added as an afterthought.

Clearly we are getting to the point, that cancelling the pre-order seems be the only option left.

Cheers.

Message 17 of 110 (6,907 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm in a similar situation for simhub. Usually I don't interfere much with "before-release" discussions and see if it's available or not and "accepts it". But wrc23 is a side case,  I was really confident about telemetry being available, and I could not imagine the dr2 successor would lack it, it's a true disappointment potentially incoming Frown

The press release shows nothing about it. Sim racing experience feels so flat once you tasted it with the various additional feedback. 

My only hopes for now is that your post grabs enough attention to show we need it, or our fears are just not justified and it's just hidden somewhere I didn't spotted.

In a positive mind, "I want to believe !".

I featured your thread on the simhub discord, once again in a positive mind :  not calling for bad behaviours (spam, aggressiveness etc...) . I hope showing more voices about this subject will help !

Message 18 of 110 (6,893 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

I wanted to drop in this thread with a brief update, 

D-BOX motion will be supported at launch. Additional UDP will be supported in an upcoming patch. We will share more information when we have it.

Cheers, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 19 of 110 (6,821 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot ! I can now breath :D

Message 20 of 110 (6,817 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help