Re: Origin won't install

by Babyhuehnchen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin won't install

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have been having a lot of issues with Origin lately.  Honestly I am thinking of getting rid of it all together.   

It has tried running itself in compatibility mode and I often have to click on games that I want to play at least 5 or more times before it will finally open.  The first 5 times is me clicking play and the computer shows the spinning wheel and then it just stops (as though I had done nothing to begin with).

I've tried uninstalling repairing and updating all my games and I've now uninstalled Origin.  I've tried downloading both the full and the "thin" setups for Origin and they don't work.  I've tried turning off my anti-virus to see if it's getting in the way to no avail.  I keep getting -1:0 as an error code.

I've run a  full virus scan and all other scans to see if I have something wrong with my computer.  

Is there a fix for this?  I've invested some money into playing games from Origin but I'm also willing to branch out from it and walk away at this point.  

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14 (10,260 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Hello @Rum2018,

firstly, try clearing your origin cache as described here. If the installers still gives you an error, please follow the steps outlined in this guide.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask inhere.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (11,137 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Hello @Rum2018,

firstly, try clearing your origin cache as described here. If the installers still gives you an error, please follow the steps outlined in this guide.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask inhere.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

I do not work for EA, i am just a random guy who like to help other with their problems. All answers are my personal ideas and not affiliated with EA.
If my post helped you, please consider giving me XP Angel
Please mark the post that helped you solve your problem as solution so other people can see it right away Large smile

Message 2 of 14 (11,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much for your help!  I think it's working now.  Fingers crossed...

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 14 (10,158 Views)

@Straatford87, a new error code with a new solution to add to the list.

Thank you @Babyhuehnchen!

Message 4 of 14 (10,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@DarkBanishing @Rum2018 @Babyhuehnchen

I will add the solution to the list.

Well done to all of you.. :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 14 (10,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to download Origin for the first time (just bought SIMS 4) on a MAC - I've tried a lot of different things the EA people said to do but nothing has worked.  It will download but then not install.   I get to the point where it says this is downloaded from the internet do you still want to open and I click open and then it just disappears and nothing else happens.  No error message or anything.  Any ideas?  EA sent me a whole email about cleaning my mac, trying it in Safe Mode, etc and nothing works.  

Message 6 of 14 (9,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also had a problem like this but it didn’t have the error code it loads the origin tab but it’s just a white screen. Is that normal???
Message 7 of 14 (9,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh and I’m on a Lenovo P.C
Message 8 of 14 (9,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie
And I’m trying to get pvz garden warfare 2 normal edition
Message 9 of 14 (9,035 Views)

★ Novice

Had the same problem uninstalled btf5 no problems anymore