Re: Origin client have problem with installation. Error code 6:0 , please descri

by netvalker

Original Post

Re: Origin client have problem with installation. Error code 6:0 , please descri

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried to install the new version and received an error 6: 0. I managed to beat him. Firstly, I uninstalled the old version of my destinations "D: \ Games \ Origin" to install the new version of the old destination failed again mistake 6: 0. Another attempt to install a standard "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin" program installed without failure.

Message 11 of 22 (28,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes!

This seems to have solved the problem for me - I simply switched where the Origin client is installed.

I had always used the default C: \ Program Files (x86)

Origin had always worked for me until the new client - then I hit massive problems with Error Code 6:0 in Origin being able to install newer versions/updates to the client.

I simply uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled to a different hard-drive/parition - ie my Origin games are on a particular drive.

So, on installing the new Origin Client - instead of just letting it install to the default location - try changing the path  - ie J: \ Program Files (x86) instead of C: \ Program Files (x86).

Basically, as long as you have an alternative to C: you might be in luck.

EDIT:

You won't need to reinstall your games - Origin seems to know where they are.

Origin will create an empty Program Files (x86) folder in the new location - ie J:\Program Files (x86) - but it doesn't seem to store any data there.  I would advise not deleting it - just in case.

You may find that a ton of games need an update and it will want to verify the installation.  Basically, because I was soldiering on with an older version of the new Origin client, it clearly wasn't updating some of the games.

Message 12 of 22 (8,850 Views)

EA DICE Team

@netvalker @Ploppo

That is great information - thanks for sharing!

I've marked your post as a solution

Message 13 of 22 (8,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am using a brand new laptop where origin was NEVER installed... Error code 6 still comes up... I clear the cache as one of the earlier tips suggested.  Still nothing...

I tried downloading to other folders in my C drive... still nothing...

turned off my firewall... still nothing...

Sorry but this is a horrible look for EA / Origin

Message 14 of 22 (8,475 Views)

Error Code 6.0 resolved

★★★ Newbie

So I got it to work... I tried program file and program file x86 and both didnt work... However I created a new folder "origin" in my C drive and I unclicked all the options like new icon on my desktop and keep origin up to date etc. and it worked.

Message 15 of 22 (8,478 Views)

Re: Error Code 6.0 resolved

EA DICE Team

@foxyflo

Glad to hear that you've got it resolved - thanks for sharing!

Message 16 of 22 (8,454 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

unfortunately, I have no previous installation of Origin on my PC and I still had this error. I'm guessing that I was taking to long while reading the license agreement or my choices of options for installing were not compatible. I opened the install location and never changed it from the default. I elected to opt into sharing and keep client and games updated without prompting since automatically updating with prompt was not a choice, and choose to have shortcuts placed on my desktop, but got the "error code" 6:0 when trying to install.

Message 17 of 22 (7,721 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MayorBig

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the community for help.

Could you try selecting a custom installation path for Origin? When doing so, make sure that you first create a new sub folder for Origin in that location.

Important: make sure that you are the system administrator, and that the folders where you are trying to install have the correct permissions to be used.

Message 18 of 22 (7,677 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Tomnetvalker could you please explain what this means for non-techy types? I really dont see how this was accepted as the solution
Message 19 of 22 (4,788 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having this problem but my error code is 11:0. I have not been able to complete the installation process, it will not get past 'Do you want this program to make changes to your computer'.

I have tried the following solutions and none of them have worked.

Uninstall, the game would not reinstall

Cleared the cache

Added Origin.exe and OriginClientService.exe to the anti virus and firewall whitelists

Performed clean boot (after this, when I click on the download, it just puts up the blue circle a couple of times and then nothing)

Flushed DNS

Installed and run CCleaner

Installed and run Driver Easy

Created new User profile with Admin privileges

Reset Host file

Refreshed FIrefox

Tried to run the install with anti virus and Adblocker turned off.

I have contacted EA chat 5 times and sat on the phone for an hour this afternoon, but nothing they have suggested has made any difference.

I do not have a separate partition on my disk unfortunately.

Message 20 of 22 (4,778 Views)