Apex Crashing Every Time I Join A Game After Update

by GroovyCarnitas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Crashing Every Time I Join A Game After Update

★★★ Novice

Apex is working perfectly fine until I try to join a game. It will begin loading the lobby and then leave me in the loading screen until kicking me out. For some reason I am able to play gun run but nothing else. My internet is working perfectly and I can play every other game, including games that are on EA servers.

It has given me the error code:clock and code:wheel.

I know these are associated with server time out, but everything is working perfectly on my end, and I have restored all the game files by redownloading the game not once but twice.

Things I have tried so far: restarting my PlayStation, updating the game license, unplugging all of my usb devices, hard resetting the ps4 (holding power for 7 seconds), changing servers in game, resetting my router, changing dns, uninstalling and reinstalling apex, moving apex from external hard drive to internal storage, and changing text to speech setting.

I feel like I have exhausted most of my options, so feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (196 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Crashing Every Time I Join A Game After Update

★★★ Novice

Update: I can join a game when I’m on WiFi, but not when I’m connected with an Ethernet cable. I know it’s not the cable because I can play all other games online perfectly. 

I think maybe changing the DNS settings is the right thing to do, but I have no idea what I would change them to.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Update: I can join a game when I’m on WiFi, but not when I’m connected with an Ethernet cable. I know it’s not the cable because I can play all other games online perfectly. 

I think maybe changing the DNS settings is the right thing to do, but I have no idea what I would change them to.

Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

EA DICE Team
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)