by Spiteforge

Original Post

Aerial class rocket launcher and Flametrooper crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Using the rocket launcher with the aerial class's other abilitys in quick succession causes a crash
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? O_Django11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/4/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00am
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the rocket launcher ability in quick succession to the other abilities.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will crash
What do you expect to see? No crash
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Using the rocket launcher with the aerial class's other abilitys in quick succession causes a crash
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? O_Django11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/4/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00am
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the rocket launcher ability in quick succession to the other abilities.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will crash
What do you expect to see? No crash
Please select your region Europe

The crash is very frequent (6 times since 12am on the 29th of April). Its currently 5pm for me. 

Message 1 of 64 (2,521 Views)

Scarif Update Crashing Bug

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Scarif is crashing my game while playing as an Aerial, may be a bug overall though while playing on Scarif.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Noelandsland
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 4/29/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing on scarif on Xbox, might be overall but probably as an Aerial, problem happened when I was shooting while landing from a left ability flight.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game freezes then crashes.
What do you expect to see? Me not crashing
Please select your region North America

This seems like it would be a pretty high problem. Not sure if the Aerial is specifically causing the problem but it’s most likely. It’s happened twice so far today.

Message 2 of 64 (2,572 Views)

Re: Scarif Update Crashing Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Oh, looks like it isn't just First Order Flame Troopers then.

Seems crashes are happening on various classes when trying to simultaneously use both primary fire and alt fire, or switching between them too quickly.

Message 3 of 64 (2,569 Views)

Battlefront 2 keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Since the latest update on Battlefront, the game keeps crashing and then boots me back to my console home screen.

This has happened 5 times already today and I have never experienced this issue before in 2 years. I can no longer complete a game on Battlefront 2 without it booting me off.

Xbox one is the console I am using and the disc has not got a scratch on it. The issue has been since I updated the game yesterday evening.

Message 4 of 64 (2,442 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 keeps crashing

★★★ Novice

Same on PS4 with code CE-34878-0

Crashed twice this evening (first time playing since downloading the update). Crashes to PS main screen.

Was playing co-op in a party both times. 

Message 5 of 64 (2,405 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 keeps crashing

★★★★ Novice

I have noticed that it crashes when I am using the aerial class on Supremacy after speaking to others who noticed the same. This has happened to me since the last update the past few days.

To get it to complete a match without crashing I no longer use the aerial class. So far so good.

Supremacy has now been updated and added the Age of Rebellion mode. Not sure if this is linked to the issue but I dont use other game modes so dont know if those matches are affected.

Message 6 of 64 (2,371 Views)

Battlefront 2 constantly crashing mid-game and returning me to dashboard

★★ Novice

Ongoing issue for the last few days now. Almost every game I'm in crashes midway through and sends me back to the dashboard. Very frustrating! Playing on Xbox one X. 

Message 7 of 64 (2,495 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 constantly crashing mid-game and returning me to dashboard

★★★ Apprentice

It's a joke. Same with me. Literally carnt play. Allways crashing back to XBOX home screen. Playing battlefield 1 again until this * is fixed. Be a few weeks until a patch/fix

Message 8 of 64 (2,471 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 constantly crashing mid-game and returning me to dashboard

★★ Novice

I hope it's addressed soon. Only just started playing the game recently and have been really enjoying it. At first it was just the odd match but now it's more or less every single game that I'm disconnected! 

Message 9 of 64 (2,437 Views)

Re: Anyone else crashing in Supremacy?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I'm on PC and the crashing happens to me on OT Supremecy and so far every time it does happen I'm playing as a Jet Trooper. The most recent crash that happened a few minutes ago was me playing as a Jet Trooper mid jump shooting a rocket at another player and my game suddenly froze for a couple of seconds then proceeded to completely close the game.

Message 10 of 64 (2,623 Views)