Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

sims4 cannot launch after update

by caitlinpf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims4 cannot launch after update

★★★★★ Newbie

Origin installed the update tonight and when it was done I hit play and received the following errors through Origin:

1) "ActivationUI.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

2) "ActivationUI.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

And this one when I try to open it through the Sims 4 shortcut:

1) "TS4.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

2) "TS4.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Any ideas what may be causing this issue and/or how I can fix it? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (3,718 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims4 cannot launch after update

Hero

@caitlinpf

Sounds like an issue with the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Try the suggestions here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

@leenysims

Try deleting your Origin Cache files: http://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (4,039 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Aghhh! Me too, I can't open my game. It says the game update was installed but I can't click play and the tile is greyed out. Frown

Message 2 of 8 (3,704 Views)

Hero

@caitlinpf

Sounds like an issue with the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Try the suggestions here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

@leenysims

Try deleting your Origin Cache files: http://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (4,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help. I took my cc out of the game and now it is playable. Now I have to sort through my 800+ cc files. Party hat

Message 4 of 8 (3,675 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, it's running perfectly again!

Message 5 of 8 (3,656 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 8 (1,799 Views)

★ Novice

Lol I have 384 Its gonna take me forever Party hat

Message 7 of 8 (1,798 Views)

Community Manager
Excellent news @Dalilvsco456, thanks for letting us know. If you get a moment, drop some XP on the post that helped. I'm sure the poster would appreciate it.

Locking thread here to limit necroposting.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (1,762 Views)
Twitter Stream