Re: sims4 cannot launch after update

by leenysims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims4 cannot launch after update

★★★★★ Newbie

Origin installed the update tonight and when it was done I hit play and received the following errors through Origin:

1) "ActivationUI.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

2) "ActivationUI.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

And this one when I try to open it through the Sims 4 shortcut:

1) "TS4.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

2) "TS4.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Any ideas what may be causing this issue and/or how I can fix it? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (5,324 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@caitlinpf

Sounds like an issue with the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Try the suggestions here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

@leenysims

Try deleting your Origin Cache files: http://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (5,643 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Aghhh! Me too, I can't open my game. It says the game update was installed but I can't click play and the tile is greyed out. Frown

Message 2 of 8 (5,308 Views)

Hero

@caitlinpf

Sounds like an issue with the Visual C++ Redistributables.

Try the suggestions here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-err...

@leenysims

Try deleting your Origin Cache files: http://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (5,644 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help. I took my cc out of the game and now it is playable. Now I have to sort through my 800+ cc files. Party hat

Message 4 of 8 (5,279 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, it's running perfectly again!

Message 5 of 8 (5,260 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 8 (3,403 Views)

★ Novice

Lol I have 384 Its gonna take me forever Party hat

Message 7 of 8 (3,402 Views)

Community Manager
Excellent news @TheGirlOnFire27, thanks for letting us know. If you get a moment, drop some XP on the post that helped. I'm sure the poster would appreciate it.

Locking thread here to limit necroposting.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (3,366 Views)