sims 3

by Tlaradavis

Original Post

sims 3

★★★★★ Novice

When I am playing Sims 3 my game suddenly closes out, sending me back to Origin client.  This happens when creating a new sim, or when in construction tool. I have played a previously saved game with no issues until I try to build up my house. I am not getting any error codes. I am using Win 10. 

Message 1 of 12 (573 Views)

Re: sims 3

Community Manager

Hey @Tlaradavis can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here it is. I hope this helps

Message 3 of 12 (525 Views)

@Tlaradavis  Please save the entire dxdiag as a .txt document (the "save all information" button) and attach it to a post.

Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content, as well as what world(s) you're currently playing in.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 12 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Tlaradavis  Please save the entire dxdiag as a .txt document (the "save all information" button) and attach it to a post.

Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content, as well as what world(s) you're currently playing in.

no mods, no custom content. I have Sims 3 Late Night, Pets, Seasons, and Highend loft installed, currently using Highend loft, Pets, and Seasons for my game selections.

Message 5 of 12 (477 Views)

@Tlaradavis  Most of the errors in your dxdiag are system issues, nothing to do with Sims 3.  A system error could certainly cause other problems though, so it's a good idea to start with a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If anything installs, restart again afterwards.

Please also move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and play around with it.  Let me know what works and what causes a crash, as well as how long you're able to play in real time.

If you do get another crash, be sure to clear out everything in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CurrentGame: this folder should always be empty unless you have a save loaded, but it sometimes doesn't get cleared out when the game crashes.

Message 6 of 12 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Tlaradavis  Most of the errors in your dxdiag are system issues, nothing to do with Sims 3.  A system error could certainly cause other problems though, so it's a good idea to start with a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the button to check for updates.  If anything installs, restart again afterwards.

Please also move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and play around with it.  Let me know what works and what causes a crash, as well as how long you're able to play in real time.

If you do get another crash, be sure to clear out everything in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CurrentGame: this folder should always be empty unless you have a save loaded, but it sometimes doesn't get cleared out when the game crashes.

I receive error 87 file doesnt exist. I will play around with the DISM and see if i can find anything. I will move Sims3 game prior to doing anything. I will post if I manage to find any kind of online repair

Message 7 of 12 (436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

sorry nix that! It is finally running the program. 

Message 8 of 12 (429 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict wrote:

• Hit Windows key-X

No errors on DISM or Scannow. No updates available in Update & Security. After moving the Sims3 folder out of EA file, I have been able to play for over an hour, building a new character, and building a house with no issues. Do I slowly add things from my Sims 3 file to the new one created when I relaunched to game..and see when it crashes again?

Message 9 of 12 (419 Views)

@Tlaradavis  Yes, add back the files from your old Sims 3 folder a handful of files, or one subfolder, at a time, and see when the game crashes again.  Not everything needs to be preserved; here's an explanation of what all the data is for:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If a particular file or set of files is giving you problems and you'd like help sorting through the content rather than getting rid of everything, just let me know what it is.

Message 10 of 12 (411 Views)