Re: "Only for Mac" on Windows

by DuckHW

Original Post

"Only for Mac" on Windows

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I stopped playing The Sims 3 a few years ago, but now I wanted to try it out again. But when I went to do so I was met with the text "Only for Mac" (Translated from Swedish) when clicking on the game and opening the game details page in Origin. This means there is no play button which of course means I can't play it... I have also noticed that it says 0 hours played which is very false.

Anyone got a clue on how to help?

And to clarify. I've never even owned a Mac so it's very strange that this would occur.

I've already cleared the Origin cache to no succes.

OS = Windows 10

Message 1 of 7 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DuckHW  There should be two versions of Sims 3 in your Origin game library, one for Mac only (in your screenshot) and one for both Windows and macOS.  The icon for the Mac version says 64-bit on it, and the other does not.  There's no 64-bit version for Windows; that was an update to make the game work on newer Macs that can't run 32-bit apps anymore.

If you only see one version in your Origin game library, please post a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (446 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for quick reply!

And no. No other versions in my library it seems...

Message 3 of 7 (427 Views)

@DuckHW  Please click the button to clear all filters in the upper right corner of your screenshot.  It's possible the 32-bit version of Sims 3 is being filtered out.

Message 4 of 7 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice

That just removes the FIFA demo.

Message 5 of 7 (395 Views)

@DuckHW  Sorry for the late reply.  The Sims 3 icon in your screenshot is definitely not the usual 64-bit Mac game tile, and as such it shouldn't be grayed out in Windows.  Did you ever have an EA Play subscription that ran out?  It's possible that Origin thinks you only ever owned the game through EA Play and that the Mac-related message is misleading.

Regardless, this looks like an account issue, perhaps that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the Windows/32-bit Mac version has been removed from your account.  You'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that it be restored.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If necessary, you can upload proof of purchase or ownership—a screenshot of a receipt; a photo of a Sims 3 disc, case, and insert; etc.—when you submit the help request.

Message 6 of 7 (362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, hmm...

I've never payed for EA Play at least and I'm pretty positive that I haven't done any type of trial. But regardless I will contact EA customer support and see how they can help.

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 7 (340 Views)