"Game process could not be started"

by Melynir

Original Post

"Game process could not be started"

★★ Novice

Hello.

I have an iMac with i7 Intel processor, 8 GB RAM and running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (latest version).

I do not use (and never have) any mod, only official content from the store.

I have all of the expansions and all of the content packs.

Up until yesterday, everything was working fine.

Today when trying to start the game, I got the error "Game process could not be started".

I tried deleting all of the Caches, and running without custom content but to no avail.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 30 (31,580 Views)

Re: "Game process could not be started"

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you update the game yesterday or did you change anything else ?

I found someone googling your error message and they said their issue was sovled by re-appling the manual patch.

EDIT:

Putting the solution here: Disconnect from the internet to play

Details: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

EDIT EDIT: Issue is fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (31,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I didn't change anything at all. Only thing thing I did today was browsing the web, checking my mail etc.

Message 3 of 30 (31,354 Views)

Hero

Are you updated to 1.38 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (31,350 Views)

Game Process could not be started

★ Novice

I downloaded the Sims 3 and Supernatural from the Macgamestore a couple of weeks ago. I was playing my game this morning with no problem. Logged out to take care of some business and then tried to start the game again and got the above referenced error. What can I do? I do not want to loose my progress-to-date unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!

Message 5 of 30 (31,032 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I was updated to the last patch available.

Anyway, I was able to chat with an EA guy.

He told me to download and install the super-patch available at this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

it didn't work.

He then told me to manually uninstall and reinstall the game.

Still nothing.

A lot of other people on the official forums seems to be having the same problem. Confusedmileysad:

Message 6 of 30 (31,325 Views)

Re: Game Process could not be started

Hero

Here's someone with the same issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/quot-Game-process-could-not-be-started-quot/m-p/58918#U58918

Maybe if you both post as much info as possible, there's something that triggers an idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (31,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem as well. I updated to the most recent update yesterday and was able to play fine. Then today all of a sudden, I have tried to load The Sims so many times and eveytime the message of The Game Process Could Not Be Stated appears. I also have a Mac. Over at the Forum for Macs, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/60/593688.page, there are so many that are experiencing this problem suddenly today for no reason. Hopefully someone at EA can figure out what has gone wrong today? Thanks.

Message 8 of 30 (31,294 Views)

Hero

Please post as much info as you can to help EA figure this one out.

• What OS Version are you using ?
  • Download or Disc ?
  • Which EPs do you have ?
  • Did you change something on your system when it started
  • If you have the disc version, are you able to play if you cut the Internet connection ?
  • Anything else you find important.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (31,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Processor  2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

my sims is version 12.0.273.018017 with showtime and high end lot stuff installed

it was working just fine yesterday so i dont know what happened

Message 10 of 30 (31,274 Views)