Re: packs not installing on EA app

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

packs not installing on EA app

★ Novice

hi, this issue has persisted for about a day now.

when i try to install the sims 3 and all my expansion packs, only base game and generations actually install. every other expansion pack (late night, pets, supernatural, seasons, university life) is stuck on "installing". i can only even check that through the 'manage add-ons' tab, because the download manager doesn't show anything, not even the small tab of it in the corner, it doesn't show any progress.

i've tried deleting and redownloading the entire EA app, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, turning off my computer, nothing has worked.

Message 1 of 4 (8,165 Views)

@jscholl19  Try installing the packs through Origin.  The EA App is still in beta and doesn't work as well as Origin does for older games.  You can have both apps installed on your computer at the same time; you just can't run both at the same time.  If you get an error when trying to launch Origin, open the Task Manager and kill the EABackgroundService.exe, or just restart your computer.

Once your packs are installed, you can go back to using the EA App if you'd prefer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (8,126 Views)

★★★ Novice

This doesn't help as there's now no way to download the Origin app, not officially anyway.

I have this exact same issue. Can install the base game but expansions through an error which means I have to reinstall the EA App to even be able to re-install or repair the base game.

Message 3 of 4 (7,697 Views)

@Joe_Wong_PI  This DID help many players back when it was posted, in August.  And for the record, there is in fact still an official way to download Origin:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

For current downloading issues, please use the master thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-expansion-stuff-pack-download-error/m-p/1181468...

Since this particular thread is about an older issue that isn't currently relevant, I'll lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (7,682 Views)