TS3 - Save won't load when a pet is present?

by minyan57

Original Post

TS3 - Save won't load when a pet is present?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When a pet is present in a save, the game won't load for some reason. I tried to remove all the folders, mods, everything, it just doesn't work.

The save is loading until the very last moment, then the game crashes. I have all expansion packs.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: TS3 - Save won't load when a pet is present?

@minyan57  Is there anything else these saves have in common, for example that they take place in the same world?  If not, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just let me know whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.

You can choose an existing household and add a pet, or load one in Appaloosa Plains that already has a pet.  The point is to test a fresh save with no other content present, and then we can go from there.  I'd also be curious to know if you got a crash once you added a pet, or in the case of playing in AP, only once you chose a household to play.

If the new save does crash, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)