Re: Store items unistalled again!

by roberta591

Original Post

Store items unistalled again!

Hero (Retired)

Well the game was (yep was) stable for about 6 weeks and today I started the game and ALL store items were little brown boxes and uninstalled again. Is this how the game is supposed to work? Spend 2 hours getting the game to work and play for 10 minutes. It would be nice to know what is going on behind the curtain. This is like the nightmare that never ends. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Message 1 of 17 (604 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well 3 hours later I tried to re install store items for the EA app downloads dashboard and if I close the game and reopen it the items are uninstaslled. If I reinstall the store items from the game launcher downloads tab when I close the game and reopen iit the items are uninstalled. I back where I was 9 weeks ago. I tried deleting the item in the launcher and installing item and it doesn't stay installed.

Tried installing store items from thesims3.com store close game and item uninstalls

Tried downloading from thesims3.com purchase history - install in downloads tab install - close game - open game not installed.

Good job EA - you worked hard and you finally made The Sims 3 unplayable and unrepairable.

Message 2 of 17 (585 Views)

★★★ Novice

I kind of have the same problem. Right now, I have restarted the game about 20 timed and my store content still doesnt show. 

Whenever it does show for some reason Hidden Springs doesnt show up. And i cant install any new items. 

When i try to reinstall or install something new it says it was successful but it wont show up in the game. Cant even play in riverview. Are EA even working on this problem? its been months.. 

Message 3 of 17 (545 Views)

@Lewlle  Please see this thread for more information about this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Store-content-uninstalls-won-t-re...

You may need to start with a clean Sims 3 folder and then transfer over your saves afterwards.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 17 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

It says at the end that it’s a temporary solution as best, so I don’t think it’s worth all the hassle because I have a lot of downloaded content. So many I would not even be able to find half of it again. I wish they could find a permanent fix because I don’t even get how this can still be a problem with a game that has been working almost flawlessly with origin. 

Message 5 of 17 (524 Views)

@Lewlle  EA has been working on the issue, according to the posts from an EA community manager in that thread.  And the number of reports of this problem has dropped off significantly.  So it's possible the issue was already fixed, but your existing content is preventing the game from handling any newly-installed content properly.  That's speculation on my part, but it's easy for you to test.

Your purchased store content should all show up under Store > My Store Account > Purchased History.  Your custom content can be moved to the new folder later.  And if this test doesn't work, you can simply restore the old Sims 3 folder with no harm done.

Message 6 of 17 (521 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh, okay. Well I might have to try that because the only world I really want to play in is the only one not working for me 😅 I’ve downloaded a bunch of content from other places than sims store though, so those files I won’t be able to renew. 

Message 7 of 17 (508 Views)

@Lewlle  Any Sims3Packs you've downloaded and haven't deleted should be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads, so you may find your custom content there.  The installed files can also be transferred, but that's a bit of an effort and not worth it if your store content doesn't work in the new user folder.

Message 8 of 17 (499 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, you’re definitely the hero! I did the move sims 3 folder and tried installing hidden springs again and it’s finally back!!! After all these months. I was so stubborn and also a bit scared to try that but I got tired after the game quitting on me for no good reason again so I gave it a try! Thank you! 

Message 9 of 17 (483 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m back again.. lol so I was almost done downloading everything when the computer froze and when I started it back up (the launcher) all of it was uninstalled yet again and couldn’t be installed a second time. I tried again but I got a weird notification on the computer screen that I’ve never seen before and it wasn’t something about the game so now I’m trying for the third time 😅 lol but is this the process every time I open up the game? 

Message 10 of 17 (475 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help