Re: Sims 4 crashing issues.

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Novice

Thank you SevWolf, I will try your suggestion to see if it works for me. I've done all the other troubleshooting advice i was given from Origin Support but like you, the much anticipated release of TS4 is way overrated and I for one am considering demanding a refund as well if this isn't resolved soon. It is not even at the level of sims 1, which is saying a lot, in my book.

I bought this game not even a week ago, and I have spent every single day trying to get it to work UGH!

I'm going to try your suggestion now and see how it goes; I'll keep you posted.

I wonder (an after thought), if buying the upgrade to the digital deluxe might resolve these issues...

Okay, be back with some details in a bit.

Ciao :Standard smile

Message 111 of 116 (1,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks SevWolf Standard smile I was finally able to get through the CAS and actually create my sim, Yippie!

Any idea how I get the cheat codes to work, though, now?  I have not been able to get any of the cheats to work either. Yes... i confess, i am a huge user of the motherlode cheat, hehe. most of the cheats; including testingcheats true/false do not work.

Unbelievable this game typically costs around 80 bucks as it has been cheaply put together.

Anyway, any help on how to get my cheats working, that would be awesome Standard smile So far,so good with creating my sims finally

Thanks

Message 112 of 116 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm not sure about cheats, but you can easily Google Sims 4 cheats.  Use at your own peril, however. Confusedmileywink:

Also, I bought the digital deluxe and all I got out of it was a bunch of stupid plumbob lamps honoring the Sims3 expansions I've bought over the years.

Message 113 of 116 (1,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Ah, so really not worth the extra 14.95 to upgrade then; good to know.

I got it working finally. even began adding stuff to a house I uploded from the gallery. It's a bit challenging trying to figure out how to rotate around the property, but still haven't figured out how to rotate the objects.

Witht this being a new series, i took into account that there may be a few challenges learning tthe new style of game play but never expected this to be so complicated which was greatly amplified by all the crashes, lol

I thank you for your help; you have no idea... Thanks again, hon

Message 114 of 116 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started to play just a few days ago (had to much fun building and creating sims) and within 5 min it crasched. So disapointed and started to look for solutions but there are so many diffrent solutions that workes for some but not all.

I fixed my crashes by deleting all cc skins and removing two mods, improved lighting and no blur in the distance (downloaded from ModTheSims). And i am also running Sims in windowed mode. Hope this can help somebody.

Message 115 of 116 (1,768 Views)

Hero

Closing this thread.

Please open YOUR OWN THREAD if you have further issues.

Here's a few known info so far: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 116 (6,026 Views)