Re: Sims 4 crashing issues.

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 crashing issues.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

User Hroun_88 has been giving the following advice, which seems to be helping some folk who are having persistent crashing issues:

Go the the directory C:\Users\[User name]\Documents\Electronic Arts\" and rename or move the folder "The Sims 4". Relaunch the game and try again. Your save files will be missing for now, but if the game works without the crashes, then move the "saves" and "tray" folder from the old "The Sims 4" folder into the new one to get back your old CAS and Save games.

If that doesn't work, you could try right clicking Sims 4 in Origin and Repair Game, and should this not work, you could try reinstalling completely.

If you have consistant crashing in Live Mode, please try this: Random crash to desktop, possible cause and possible solution

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 116 (24,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Closing this thread.

Please open YOUR OWN THREAD if you have further issues.

Here's a few known info so far: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Crashes/m-p/3586547

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 116 of 116 (5,852 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Would love to try the rename trick, but since my game won't even launch, it hasn't created that folder in the first place. It isnt there to delete or rename. As for repair, tried repair and reinstall, no go. Still can not even open the game.

Message 2 of 116 (23,955 Views)

Community Manager

If your game isn't even launching properly, please check over on this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Download-amp-Installation-amp-Startup-issues/td-p/34...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 116 (23,935 Views)

★ Guide

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to get it working, nothing mentioned on this forum works. The game will not open at all, not even a loading screen.

Message 4 of 116 (23,927 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Have you tried deleting the "The Sims 4" cache folder in the hidden directory "C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent"?

Message 5 of 116 (23,901 Views)

★ Guide

When I unstalled the game I deleted every refference to it. In the Origin folder, in Documents, in appdata and in programdata, anywhere I would expect there to be anything. Then I restarted the pc, started Origin as admin and install Sims 4 from scratch with a fresh download. Still exactly the same.

Message 6 of 116 (23,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I assume this also includes the Registry entries in regedit?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4

Message 7 of 116 (23,880 Views)

★ Guide

Yes sorry forgot to mention that. I completely removed all traces of it then reinstalled and its exactly the same. Not able to load at all, not even once, not even a loading screen. No errors showing either.

Message 8 of 116 (23,874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Do you have a Dxdiag log you could put into a spoiler or a link to your system information so I can get a better overview of your system?

Also, one last generic thing to try: Right click Sims 4 and add -w to the parameters and disable Origin in-game.

Message 9 of 116 (23,861 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'll get all that now and post in a new thread, think I've hijacked this one... 

Will post link in a moment.

EDIT: Here is my thread.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-wont-start/m-p/3453917#U3453917

Message 10 of 116 (23,856 Views)