Re: Sims 3 steam version mod issues

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 steam version mod issues

★★ Novice

I was wondering what I should do for I don't have cache files to delete and I don't exactly know where put frame work for mods folder due to not really know where it should be. This first time I've ever really played sims 3 with mods and was wondering how I should go about this seeing I have sims 3 on steam. Sorry be asking stupid questions. Have a good day!

Message 1 of 8 (819 Views)

Accepted Solution

@DarlingRosey  I'm sorry, I don't know how to say this any more clearly.  You're putting the Mods folder in the wrong place.  It needs to go here:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (778 Views)

All Replies

@DarlingRosey  Your screenshots show the game's program files, which you don't want to mess with.  Mods go into the Sims 3 user folder, which is always in Documents > Electronic Arts in any kind of install.  Here's a good guide for installing mods:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Message 2 of 8 (802 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict This is the steam version and everything looked up showed cache files which not found and just unsure where place this. I placed it in main place nothing and then went to game/bin placing it nothing. Its bit confusing and sorry for not really knowing what I'm doing.
Message 3 of 8 (793 Views)

@DarlingRosey  Again, you just need to place the Mods folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  Try using the sample Mods Framework included in the guide I linked, then let me know whether the two included mods work.

Message 4 of 8 (790 Views)

★★ Novice

Heres file path I've found if I pressume I'd put it but am I doing it wrong. No the two package files have not work thus far.

Message 5 of 8 (783 Views)

@DarlingRosey  I'm sorry, I don't know how to say this any more clearly.  You're putting the Mods folder in the wrong place.  It needs to go here:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

Message 6 of 8 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay look been very worn out and tired. I owe you huge thank you and apology. The mods now work and appreciate your help as always! ^_^

Message 7 of 8 (693 Views)

@DarlingRosey  Don't worry about it; we all go through times like this.  I'm glad everything is working now.  Let me know if you need any more help.

Message 8 of 8 (681 Views)