Sims 3 - error loading worldname

by Mi55_Alva

Original Post

Sims 3 - error loading worldname

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Starting a new thread since the other was kind of old.

I get an error that the game has trouble loading for ex sunsetvalley and suggest that I should restart the game. 

Tried all of the games in the expansions and get the same error.

I have restarted the game. Uninstalled and installed again. Taken away all the expansions but still the same problem.

I've tried to be logged in and not.

But get the same error all the time.

What can I do?

Message 1 of 4 (429 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - error loading worldname

@Mi55_Alva  New threads are always appreciated.  As a first step, please try playing in a clean user folder.  Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can start a new save in Sunset Valley.

If you get the same error, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know whether you use OneDrive.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

thanks for helping me.

It worked to start and save a new game in Sunset Vallet by doing as you told me.

But when I was trying to open the saved game the same problem happend.

I got google drive. Can that affect this?

Best regards Alva

Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

@Mi55_Alva  Google Drive shouldn't interfere under normal circumstances, although I suppose it would be possible with certain settings.  That's irrelevant unless you've set up some kind of syncing though, i.e. automatic uploading of content to your Google Drive account.

When you say you had the same error with the saved game, do you mean that you saved your progress in the new Sunset Valley and tried to load it again, or that you tried to load an older save again?  If you tried the older save, did you move it to the new Sims 3 folder, or were you testing it in the old folder?  Do you currently have all the packs installed that that save was using?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (349 Views)