Re: Sims 3 Won’t Open & Folder is Missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Won’t Open & Folder is Missing

★ Novice

Hey! I just bought a new HP Laptop. I downloaded Sims 4 and it works perfectly. I downloaded Sims 3, when I click on the game, it wont open, I looked in my electronic arts folder and my sims 3 folder isn’t even in it. I don’t know too much about computers but i have tried to read and try a few things that haven’t worked for me. If you have any suggestions you could walk me through, please let me know. I want to play sooo bad. 

Message 1 of 3 (572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jviars3565 The Sims 3 folder in the user documents will not be created until you start the game the first time. This game has a launcher that starts the game. The launcher needs .net framework 3.5 to run. This is included with Windows 10 BUT it is not activated. Open control panel - Programs and features - Open turn Windows features on or off - check .net framework 3.5 -  - click OK - reboot computer - try game.

Message 2 of 3 (550 Views)

@jviars3565  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  Hit Windows key-R, enter "dxdiag" without quotes, let the scan finish, click "save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply to this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (524 Views)