Sims 3 Showtime - Origin

by LeeTaaylor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Showtime - Origin

★★ Novice

I let my friend download The Sims 3 Showtime from my Origin account and now all the game slots are used up and I can't use it on my PC how can I empty the game slots? Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 1 of 3 (3,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Showtime - Origin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello leedantaylor,

Some EA PC games released after May 2008 allow users to "authorize" up to five computers to play the games at the same time. Users can then play the game on any authorized computer they choose. You can manage your computer authorizations using EA game-specific de-authorization tool.

This tool:

1. Scans your computer to determine whether certain EA PC games released after May 2008 with SecuROM machine authorization limits your computer has been authorized to play;
  2. Tells you how many computer authorizations you have available for each detected game.

If the tool detects games authorized to play on your machine, you can then seamlessly click the button "de-authorize this computer". This will initiate the download of the game-specific de-authorization tool(s) or provide instructions to use an in-game de-authorization tool to de-authorize your computer for whichever game(s) you choose. Once de-authorized, a machine "slot" will be freed up and can be re-used on another machine. De-authorization does not uninstall the game, however, so if you decide you want to re-authorize your computer later, all you have to do is re-launch the game while connected to the Internet. Keep in mind that this tool can only detect certain EA PC games with machine authorization limits. Check the list of games above to ensure that there are no other EA PC games on your machine that you would like to deauthorize.

For more info about the tool, click here

To access and download the EA De-Authorization Management Tool, click here.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (3,268 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello leedantaylor,

Some EA PC games released after May 2008 allow users to "authorize" up to five computers to play the games at the same time. Users can then play the game on any authorized computer they choose. You can manage your computer authorizations using EA game-specific de-authorization tool.

This tool:

1. Scans your computer to determine whether certain EA PC games released after May 2008 with SecuROM machine authorization limits your computer has been authorized to play;
  2. Tells you how many computer authorizations you have available for each detected game.

If the tool detects games authorized to play on your machine, you can then seamlessly click the button "de-authorize this computer". This will initiate the download of the game-specific de-authorization tool(s) or provide instructions to use an in-game de-authorization tool to de-authorize your computer for whichever game(s) you choose. Once de-authorized, a machine "slot" will be freed up and can be re-used on another machine. De-authorization does not uninstall the game, however, so if you decide you want to re-authorize your computer later, all you have to do is re-launch the game while connected to the Internet. Keep in mind that this tool can only detect certain EA PC games with machine authorization limits. Check the list of games above to ensure that there are no other EA PC games on your machine that you would like to deauthorize.

For more info about the tool, click here

To access and download the EA De-Authorization Management Tool, click here.

Welcome! Take the time to discover the community by visiting our Answer HQ Announcements section
Message 2 of 3 (3,269 Views)

★★ Novice

Thankyou Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (3,167 Views)