Sims 3 Mods won’t work

by Chloe2445

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Mods won’t work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So I have sims 3 installed via steam, I own every expension and stuff pack except Katy perry sweet treats, and I already deleted all cache files, reset my game, removed and re added mods, I also have resource.cgf and cc.merged as well some “ mods “ work and some don’t which I don’t understand why? I also checked in my folder to make sure deviceconfig was in there which it was, so yesterday I downloaded the (nointro mod) which automatically skips the sims 3 intro when you launch the game, that specific mod showed up in my game when I downloaded it and added it in my mods folder, but when I put any other mod and package file none of them show up which I don’t know understand why? 

I have looked on my computer everywhere to see if sims 3 was reading another folder but that’s not the case It’s reading one specific folder so I don’t understand why every mod won’t work and only specific ones? 

Also the mods folder was just working and every mod in my game use to work once downloaded and always showed up but now none of them won’t show up anymore I’ve tried every step I could I just can’t get mods to work anymore.

Message 1 of 37 (7,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Mods won’t work

@Chloe2445  The first three screenshots are irrelevant, but the last two make the issue clear: the folders that contain your mods and cc are directly within the Mods folder.  You need to put them into the Packages folder that's inside Mods.

After moving the mods and cc to Packages, delete the five cache files in the Sims 3 folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 37 (7,499 Views)

All Replies

@Chloe2445  Please post a screenshot of the folder that contains your mods.  (As in, I want to see a list of mod files.)  Include the address bar, above the list of files, in the screenshot as well.

Message 2 of 37 (7,542 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Screenshots, i'll send you 2 more

Message 3 of 37 (7,531 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Last 2 Screenshots

Message 4 of 37 (7,528 Views)

@Chloe2445  The first three screenshots are irrelevant, but the last two make the issue clear: the folders that contain your mods and cc are directly within the Mods folder.  You need to put them into the Packages folder that's inside Mods.

After moving the mods and cc to Packages, delete the five cache files in the Sims 3 folder:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Message 5 of 37 (7,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

You want me to try putting (resource , and cc.merged) into packages? along with the rest of the folders (inside the Mods folder?)

Message 6 of 37 (7,489 Views)

@Chloe2445  No, the resource.cfg file is not a mod and should NOT go into Packages.  It should sit directly in the Mods folder.  All the actual mods and custom content that's in .package form should go into Packages.  The ccmerged.package file is not a mod or cc item either and doesn't need to be anywhere within the Mods folder.

Message 7 of 37 (7,465 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay I will go head and fix this and see what happens ! I’ll give a update if anything works

Message 8 of 37 (7,453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much!! ❤️my mods folder is working again and reading every mod Standard smile

Message 9 of 37 (7,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey there @puzzlezaddict ,

I've been scouring the forums for a way to solve my "Sims 3 mods/cc not working", and I've gone over your steps several times and different ways, and it's still not working. I'm hoping maybe you could work your magic and find a way for it to work for me?

Thanks >.<

Message 10 of 37 (7,106 Views)