Sims 3 Loads Launcher but not game.

by lexstraa

Original Post

Sims 3 Loads Launcher but not game.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

SO, I recently got a new PC, upgraded from 17(10th?), 16gbram, RTX2060 to the i7(12th?) 32gbram rtx 3060ti
The sims 4 works perfectly fine, amazing.

Tried to play the sims 3 and it let me load the launcher perfectly, but when i press play it just will not load the game.
It doesnt even bring origin back up it just makes origin flash in my task bar below.
I remember i had an issue like this on my old laptop (mentioned) and i was able to fix it but i cant for the LIFE of me figure out hiw.
Ive tried:

- running LazyDutchess's patch fix but to no avail.
- attempted to repair my sims through origin, nope
- tried to run it right 2s3.exe and ts3w.exe, didnt work.

im at a loss, my dxdiag is attached, save me.Standard smile

edit: i forgot to mention when doing all of these fixes, running the game itself ts3 and ts3w it doesnt show it task manager!!

Message 1 of 2 (517 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Loads Launcher but not game.

@lexstraa  Since you play through Origin, the game is using TS3.exe, without the W, and you can't bypass the launcher.  You do have the error associated with 12th-gen Intel processors, so Lazy Duchess's patch would be the first thing to try.  Did you specifically apply it to TS3.exe?  If not, please do so now.  Repairing the game in Origin would have undone the effects of the patch.

If this still doesn't work, you can try limiting the game to one CPU core via the Task Manager, as described here and earlier in the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

The disadvantage here is that you'd need to apply and revert the setting each time you played, but it should at least get you past the issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (476 Views)