Sims 3 launcher won't open

by Kiarah001

Original Post

Re: SIMS 3 - GAME WON'T LAUNCH - WINDOWS 10

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi I was in contact with EA about this problem for days on and off chats.

They said that they had notices players bringing up this topic. They are trying to solve it and said it shouldn't be too long. It seems to be taking ages. I said should it be completed within a week and they said yes. I'm not hopeful at the minute. I tried everything they have me and nothing worked. So they definitely thinks it is there end thats causing the problem.

Message 81 of 431 (13,998 Views)

@Jade_A_Macquire  This problem is fixable, at least if you have the  same one as everyone else in this thread.  Just reinstall DirectX 9.  For more details, please see the accepted solution on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 82 of 431 (5,666 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won’t launch!

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue!

Message 83 of 431 (5,649 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey there! Thank you so much for that tutorial! Been on and off customer support calls with EA for an hour after I merged my account and saw that the game wasn't launching (I haven't played sims 3 on this computer so I'm not sure if that was the cause). Decided to try out your solution since I'm still waiting on a call back from support, and the game finally launched!

Message 84 of 431 (5,641 Views)

Game won't start, The Sims 3 on Nvidia RTX 3050

★ Novice

I just bought a new PC with Nvidia RTX 3050, but The sims 3 won't start at all. I have uninstall and reinstall but it still won't start. Is there anyone who may know the problem?

Message 85 of 431 (5,509 Views)

Re: Game won't start, The Sims 3 on Nvidia RTX 3050

Hero (Retired)

@hegipegi On a new install of Windows 10 Sims 3 needs to open a launcher and the launcher needs .net framework 3.5 to work. this is not enabled by default. You need to open contol panel, programs and features, turn Windows features on or off, tick the .net framework 3.5 box, click ok, reboot computer.

Message 86 of 431 (5,488 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont launch from origin

Hero (Retired)

@rockerchick26 On a new install of Windows 10 Sims 3 needs to open a launcher and the launcher needs .net framework 3.5 to work. this is not enabled by default. You need to open control panel, programs and features, turn Windows features on or off, tick the .net framework 3.5 box, click ok, reboot computer.

Message 87 of 431 (5,661 Views)

Re: Game won't start, The Sims 3 on Nvidia RTX 3050

@hegipegi  Try reinstalling DirectX 9.  You don't need to uninstall anything; just download the installer from Microsoft and run it, then restart your computer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 88 of 431 (5,483 Views)

Sims 3 wont open on Origin

★ Novice

I recently got the basic EA Play subscription so I could try Sims 3, however, clicking play simply closes origin for a quick second and then opens it again, without launching anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, as well as using compatibility mode, but neither worked. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 89 of 431 (5,412 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont open on Origin

Hero (Retired)

@AtomicTurtle22 First guess is your computer is a Winds 10 computer. Sims 3 requires .net framework to be enabled. It is not enbled by default. Open control panel, programs and features, turn Windows features on or off, tick the n.NET framework 3.5 box, click OK, let the computere enble .NET framework, reboot.The game starts with a laucher that require .NET framework to run.

Message 90 of 431 (5,384 Views)