[READ FIRST] FAQ - Known technical Information

by crinrict

Original Post

[READ FIRST] FAQ - Known technical Information

[ Edited ]
Hero

What is the Sims 4 release date ?

Spoiler

Please post any release date related questions in this thread:[INFORMATION] Sims 4 Release Date

The Sims 4 is released on DVD or as Digital Download through Origin on the following dates:

North America

September 2nd, 2014

Europe (without UK), Australia, Latin America (not confirmed) September 4th, 2014

UK

September 5th, 2014 

Dates for other countries vary but they should all be released the same week. 

More detailed info can be found here: [INFO] The Sims 4 release schedule

What does pre-load on Origin mean ?

Spoiler
If you pre-order on Origin, EA gives you the opportunity to download most of the game a few days early (97%). On release day you only need to download the small rest (3%) and then start playing right away.

Is there a Sims 4 Beta/Demo

Spoiler
Please post any Demo/Beta related questions in this thread: Sims 4 Beta Testing

There's a Sims 4 CAS Demo but no Demo for the full game.

On which platforms can I play Sims 4 ?

Spoiler

Sims 4 is currently available for PC and Mac

For other platform request, please post in this thread: Sims 4 being on platforms

What are the system requirements ?

Spoiler

Minimum Requirements

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

After the initial activation, Origin can be put in offline mode but you can't turn of or uninstall Origin.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM 

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games 

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only 

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better 

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible 

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible 

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended Specs

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Also see this for further details: System Specs and Platform Information

Will there be a 64 bit version for the Sims 4 ?

Spoiler
No, Sims 4 will be a 32 bit executable (Source: SimGuruGraham on Twitter)

Explanations on what this means can be found here: 64 bit vs. 32 bit

Will Sims 4 limit FPS ?

Spoiler
Yes,  It currently caps at 200 fps to support next-gen 200hz displays (Source: SimGuruGraham on Twitter)

Will I need an Internet connection for the Sims 4 ?

Spoiler

Yes. To install and activate the game on Origin you will need an active Internet connection and an Origin Account (this goes for both the DVD and the Digital Download Version).

Once you've activated the game, you can play Sims 4 offline (Origin Offline Mode). No more Internet required. There are a few features like the new gallery that require an active Internet connection (details to follow)

Which editions are there and what's the difference ?

Spoiler

Please post all questions about the different editions in here:[INFORMATION] Which editions are there and what's the difference ?

Sims 4 is avaible in 5 different editions and depending on what you buy, there's different stuff coming with it. Be aware that you'll need an Internet connection for both the DVD and the download version (Details above)

Through Origin

You'll receive the following content if you order through Origin. You can only get the digital download version through Origin. I strongly recommend to only buy Keys through authorized sellers since EA is known to block keys from unauthorized sellers.

Limited Edition

• Life of the Party Digital Content: Gather ‘round the Flaming Tiki Bar in spectacular party costumes.

Digital Deluxe

• Life of the Party Digital Content: Gather ‘round the Flaming Tiki Bar in spectacular party costumes.
  • Up All Night Digital Content: Party till dawn with a laser light show, hot new parties, outfits, decorations and recipes.
  • Digital Soundtrack: Groove to the music of the game.
  • Awesome Animal Hats

As DVD in retail

The collectors edition is not listed for north America yet and for the UK it's exclusive to GAME. In Australia/New Zealand it's available through EB Games but I don't know if it's exclusive.

Standard

• No extras

Limited Edition

Premium Edition

• Creator’s Guide Hardcover Book: A hardcover guide that teaches you to become a Sims master creator, and also includes art from The Sims 4.
  • Up All Night Digital Content: Party till dawn with a laser light show, hot new parties, outfits, decorations and recipes.
  • Life of the Party Digital Content: Gather ‘round the Flaming Tiki Bar in spectacular party costumes
  • Awesome Animal Hats

Collector's Edition

• Plumbob USB by Steel Series
  • Creator’s Guide Hardcover Book: A hardcover guide that teaches you to become a Sims master creator, and also includes art from The Sims 4.
  • Digital Soundtrack: Groove to the music of the game.
  • Awesome Animal Hats

What languages are supported ?

Spoiler

Please post any questions about languages and availability in your country in this thread: Languages and Info on specific Countries

Origin lists the following languages

Český, Dansk, Deutsch (DE), English (US), Español (ES), suomi, suomen kieli, Français (FR), Italiano, 日本語, 한국어, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português (BR), Русский язык, Svenska, 中文(繁體)

This does not mean that all of these languages are available for all countries and it's also unclear which language will be available on DVD. I'll update this as I get more info.

Can we transfer our Simpoints over to Sims 4 ?

Spoiler

Please post all your Simpoint questions in here:Transfer of Simpoints

SimPoints will not be supported by The Sims 4, but will continue to be a form of payment for The Sims 3 content in The Sims 3 Store.

Trailers and Links

Spoiler

Known features

Spoiler
  • Gallery which is accessible from within the game to download third party houses/sims and as it seems custom content.
  • Auto-Save (Source: SimsVIP)
  • Half-Open world with loading screens
  • Baby have legs
  • There are 3 traits + an goal that gives you another special trait

Source: Crinrict's Sims 4 Help Blog

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 2 (9,002 Views)

Official Sims 4 FAQ

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is take from here: The Sims 4 - FAQ Updated by SimGuruHydra

Sul Sul!

Hey Simmers - we hope you've enjoyed what you've seen so far of The Sims 4!

We know you all have many questions and we’re listening. Send them through to this post and we’ll do our best to respond as often as we can. Just know that we’re not quite ready to spoil all surprises yet, so keep an eye out for more information to come.

For now, here's a list of some commonly asked questions that we wanted to share with you today.

Q: What is The Sims 4?
A: On September 2nd we are introducing a new generation for The Sims. The Sims 4 is the only game where new Sims with unique personalities open up deep, rich, and sometimes weird possibilities in the stories you create. For the first time, it’s not about WHAT they are, it’s about WHO they are, and they come to life through our brand new creative tools that are powerful, tactile, and easy to use. And, brand new to The Sims 4, players can share their creations with other players directly in the game with our all-new Gallery. The result is a stimulating new gameplay experience that powers a new era for The Sims.

Q: When will The Sims 4 be available?
A: The Sims 4 will be available for PC starting September 2.

Q: What will The Sims 4 be rated?
A: The Sims 4 is not yet rated by the ESRB and PEGI. We will update the website once we've received our rating.

Q: Where can I go to find the latest about The Sims 4?
A: You can visit www.TheSims.com to stay up to date with the latest information.

Q: What is the Gallery?
A: The Gallery lets you browse, share, and download new content without ever leaving your game. Get inspired by rich content created by The Sims 4 community and add new experiences to your game.

Q: Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection?
A: No. You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.

Q: What are the minimum hardware requirements for The Sims 4?
A: We are working to make The Sims 4 accessible to as many players as possible. We will let you know once we've locked in the specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (8,840 Views)