Missing Expansion Packs on the Launcher - The Sims 3

by intellectualisms

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Expansion Packs on the Launcher - The Sims 3

★★ Novice

Hello, guys. So, I have a problem I'm still trying to solve. Late Night and Ambitions are missing from my launcher and I've tried everything to get them back to appear, however, nothing worked. Here's what I've tried so far: 

- Repair the game (a few times) 

- Uninstall the game (twice) 

- Uninstall Origin (twice I think) 

- Delete all the Cache Origin has

- Delete The Sims 3 Cache

- resetting the game to factory settings without uninstalling

- lowered the User Access Control settings

- moving it in another folder

I'm desperate at this point considering I paid to get them and consider it's upsetting. What else can I do about it? 

Message 1 of 5 (566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Expansion Packs on the Launcher - The Sims 3

@intellectualisms  It sounds like you may have received bad product codes for your missing packs.  This can happen if you purchase from an unauthorized third-party seller, whether the codes initially work or not.  The only way to find out if this is your issue is to contact EA customer support and specifically ask about the status of your packs, not just whether they're in your account but whether their codes are valid.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you did buy directly from EA or from an authorized vendor, you can upload proof of purchase or ownership (screenshot of receipt or confirmation email; photo of disc, case, and insert with the code showing; etc.) when you submit the help request.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (517 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@intellectualisms Where did you purchase the missing packs?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (537 Views)

@intellectualisms  It sounds like you may have received bad product codes for your missing packs.  This can happen if you purchase from an unauthorized third-party seller, whether the codes initially work or not.  The only way to find out if this is your issue is to contact EA customer support and specifically ask about the status of your packs, not just whether they're in your account but whether their codes are valid.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you did buy directly from EA or from an authorized vendor, you can upload proof of purchase or ownership (screenshot of receipt or confirmation email; photo of disc, case, and insert with the code showing; etc.) when you submit the help request.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (518 Views)

★★ Novice

eneba.com

Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the expansion packs some months ago and they worked back then. Also, thank you for telling me, I will do so. 

Message 5 of 5 (508 Views)