by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The game failed to save error

★★ Novice

Thank you very much !

Message 41 of 94 (1,924 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still getting the error but I'm glad EA/Maxis is on the problem now!!

Message 42 of 94 (1,918 Views)

Hero

If you're not opposed to mods, look into the MC Command Center. That has a fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 94 (1,914 Views)

sims

★★★ Newbie

I can no longer save my Sims 4 game. I used to be able to for the first few weeks, but now a failure message comes up that says: The game failed to save. Error code: 533:18217914019454249800:17477664322954852484. I literally cannot play this game because it won't save after playing for 30 seconds. I feel like I have wasted my money on this game and the Get Together expansion pack. This game is not even usable at this point. Very frustrated right now. Any advice on a solution would be much appreciated. 

Message 44 of 94 (1,917 Views)

Re: sims

@astine333 I've merged your topic with the existing topic about this save error. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 94 (1,904 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Save Error 533

★★ Novice

I had this problem a while ago. I had like the 4th generation of a family that had just moved to Windenburg, and at first everything was fine, but then I kept getting the error whenever I tried to save. Plus whenever I tried to change anyone's appearance, my progress would resort to the last time I saved, but my sims appearance would stay changed.

It was getting so frustrating, so I came online to check for solutions, but found only that maybe moving your family would solve the problem. So I did. They were still in Windenburg, but on a different lot. And at first (while one of my sims was having a birthday party) i got the error again. But that was it. I have been playing for hours since then, moved my family again (this time to Newcrest), no errors since then, so idk what really fixed it.

But my guess was something with events, plus my clubs would just gather at random times (like during the night, when everyone was sleeping I'd get the message 'A club meeting has just started'), so I disbanded all my clubs (maybe that fixed it?)

Idk if this was helpful, but my friend is now having the same problem and moving the family didnt actually work for her. So Im hoping this issue will be fixed, since it can be really frustrating Standard smile

Message 46 of 94 (1,897 Views)

Hero

This issue should now be resolved.

Any feedback is appreciated though.

@Amaria93 @astine333 @KGorjup @Symux

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 94 (11,118 Views)

★★ Novice

In the last few weeks, none of the tricks (move in and out,quit and return to the game) were working. Since the last upgrade, it seems to work well. Hope it will stay this way!

Message 48 of 94 (1,790 Views)

Hero

Great to hear. Thank you for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 94 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No problems after the 04Feb16 patch until now. I'm getting error 533 again. If I delete an existing member of my household it'll save correctly. I've tried adding outside sims by household manager and CAS, then deleting them. That doesn't work. It has to be a sim already in the household.

I think the glitch is with one sim. She was asleep when I saved. When it boots, she's standing by the bed and immediately queues 'take a shower'. She must hop in then immediately out of the shower. Nothing will dissuade her. She's 100% clean. I even deleted the stupid shower! She still goes through the motions where the shower used to be. Resetting her will stop the attempt to shower, but it still won't save afterward.

So how do I fix a corrupted sim?

Correction: Going into and out of CAS (change appearance) allows a save. So, sort of fixed.

Message 50 of 94 (1,748 Views)