Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-01-13)

by crinrict

Original Post

[FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-12-11)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you have any issues with your myPage or the website, it's best to directly post in one of SimGuruRusskii's sticky threads in the official forum. You need to set your forum language to english US.

Current links are are as follows

How does the myPage work ?

See this thread: My page Thread or here: MyPage at Official Site (needs a re-work)

I can't read my gifting or system messages

If you get LIAM on trying to read your messages, please post in SimGuruRusskii's thread (current one linked above). Make sure you set your language to US

Some of the games/worlds don't show as owned on the myPage

This issue is  resolved for most but there are still some where it isn't. Especially worlds seem to be an issue.

Be aware that if you bought Barnacle Bay BEFORE it was bundled up and made availble through retail than you own a different version then the one they have now. It will show as not owned cause you don't own the one they have now. 

If the worlds/games don't show up for you, get in touch with customer support.

I can't download/install from the Exchange

Some items in the exchange are broken if you download them with Save File. Use Add to Game instead. This does not auto install the content anymore so you will also need to install it for it to show up in your game.

If you can't download at all, make sure your game is up-to-date, clear your browser cache and/or use a different browser

If you get a message, that you need to register your game first, log out and back in and also try clearing your browser cache. You may have to wait at least 30 min after registering your game.

I can't upload to the Exchange

This is an ongoing issue for many. There are different causes and solutions but most of the time, it's unclear why it's not working.

Identified causes:

• You can't upload a file with the same name twice, even if you delete one. Re-export under a different name and try again
  • Don't use special characters in your name.
  • Everyone has a quota of about 1 GB. If you exceed that quote, you can't upload anymore. Delete some of the existing files before uploading more.
  • If your file contains custom content or even Store content (some does attach), you might see an error uploading. Remove the Custom content and try again

I can't delete stuff from my Wishlist

Some browser like Opera can't be used to remove stuff from the WL. Use firefox, IE or Google chrome. Also make sure to click on the little heart after you're done removing before clicking anything else. This will reload the page and remove the stuff from your WL

I can't download items from the Sims 3 Store

If you can't download at all, make sure your game is up-to-date. Even though it says that patch 1.5 (which is 1.05 in fact) is needed to download, you will need the newest patch for it to work properly.

Also don't use Opera. It doesn't work with that.

For more info, see this: [FAQ] The Sims 3 Store

I get Oops (Liam) Page on my studio

Most often this is because one of your uploads is corrupted (there are other reasons). Post in this thread in the official forum to have it fixed (it may take a while): My Page Thread

I can't seem to complete some of the achievements

Post here for all issues: Game achievements: Are you struggling? Don't know if it works? Post here (Please read First Post)

I have troubles registering my game

See here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/td...

I only get 500 SP when registering instead of 1000 when registering the base game or world adventures

Common issue atm. Contact Customer Support.

I can't send/receive game gifts through the game/ Player wall doesn't work

This issue is under investigation

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 8 (10,059 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2012-10-24)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Nicely done Crinrict! Confusedmileylol:

Message 2 of 8 (9,927 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-01-13)

Hero

Friend Request are now working again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,370 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-02-03)

Hero

Added the Monte Vista Issue and the one where you only get 500 SP instead of 1000 on registering the base game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,363 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-02-06)

Hero

The Monte Vista issue has been fixed. Redeem button should work again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,284 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-06-20)

[ Edited ]
Hero

EA is having server issues.

They are aware and fixing.

Ingame login and MyPage are NOT working atm. There's nothing you can do but wait it out. It's like that for everyone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,245 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-06-20)

Hero

This login issue is back.

Not sure if EA is aware but I'm checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,236 Views)

Re: [FAQ] Thesims3.com Issues (updated 2013-12-11)

Hero

Updated this to remove some issue that are fixed and add new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,162 Views)