Combining The Sims 3 cd's and Origin

by reettabarbie

Original Post

Combining The Sims 3 cd's and Origin

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I've been playing The Sims 3 on my laptop and I have all my expansion and stuff packs as cd's. Now it's really hard to find the Island Paradise expansion pack and I wondered is it possible to buy it on Origin if my basegame and other packs are as cd's. Are they compatible? I have registered on Origin and the Origin shows The Sims 3 in my games. 

If you have answers I'm thankful! - Reetta

Message 1 of 4 (767 Views)

Re: Combining The Sims 3 cd's and Origin

@reettabarbie  Yes, everything should be compatible.  Sometimes Origin doesn't recognize disc installs though, or decides not to acknowlege packs installed via disc.  But worst case, you'd need to uninstall the affected pack(s) and download them through Origin.  Since they're already in your game library, that shouldn't be a problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I was wondering in getting some sims 3 extension packs as CDs. By your commment I was wondering if you knew if it is possible to play multiple pack at the same time on the same game?

Message 3 of 4 (612 Views)

@meganspanda  Yes, if you install a number of packs on your computer, all of these packs will load when you play, and you'll have all their content available.  The way it works with an all-disc install is that you insert the disc for the newest pack by release date (for example, Into the Future was the last pack released, so if you install ITF, that's the disc you insert), but all the other packs' contents are present too.

If you already own Sims 3 through Origin, I'd suggest buying more packs through Origin as well.  For one thing, they're on sale at the moment, making them cheaper than discs.  But it's also easier to install through Origin: you don't need to deal with discs and your game is automatically fully updated.  But if you'd rather play with discs and avoid Origin entirely, that's also understandable.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)