Re: Camera issues after Windows 10 update (1903)

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] Spinning Camera issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the Release Preview build of Windows 10 May 2019 Update/19H1/1903 (18362.xxx) and attempt to rotate the camera, especially in free camera mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera now has some sort of inertia, so changing directions while scrolling causes the camera to slow down, jump up/down, and only then go in the general direction you want it to go.
What do you expect to see? Normal camera behavior, as it was on the previous build of Windows.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installation of Windows 10 builds 18362.30 and 18362.53.

I've tried this with my laptop trackpad, trackpoint, and a USB mouse, and the result is the same for all three.

Message 1 of 118 (8,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Camera is spinning out of control!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Boo_101102 Another Update: I use Reshade (which I never thought would be a problem) but after I tested my game and saw that everything worked, I added back my reshade. When I got back into the game, I started up a new save and the problem was back. So I quickly uninstalled reshade (from the Sims, not my computer), loaded the game back up, and everything was fine. I'm no tech guru, so I can't think of why Reshade would cause the game to act like that. But if anyone is having this same problem and uses Reshade, consider taking it out for a while. Maybe it'll solve your problem. Just thought I should share my experience!

EDIT (crin)

If this doesn't help, try the following

• Turn off Origin-In-Game in Origin
  • Change you mouse sensitivity settings (proven mostly not working)
  • Make sure you have no mod-conflict.

View in thread

Message 37 of 118 (17,255 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @thuraski 

I'm moving this to tech for now as it's a pre-release of a windows version you're having issues with. 

I'll forward your report though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 118 (8,052 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After today's patch (1.51.75) there doesn't seem to be a difference. Moreover, this was probably in 1.50, but the same issue with inertia extends to sliders within CAS.

Message 3 of 118 (8,008 Views)

Hero

This is still with the preview version of Windows though, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 118 (7,996 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't played in awhile (about a month, maybe?), but came back today to patch and play a bit.  I am seeing the same behavior, however I do NOT have the preview version of Windows installed.  I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1803.

I use the right-click to tweak my angle often enough that this has basically made the game unplayable for me.  Frown

Message 5 of 118 (7,959 Views)

Hero

Could you post a video of what you're seeing ?

Think that would be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 118 (7,945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue..

Message 7 of 118 (7,879 Views)

Hero
@treebats Could you post a video as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 118 (7,862 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I went back to a previous version of Windows and it fixed my problem with the camera.

Message 9 of 118 (7,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@treebats @thuraski  @Kaeriesr 

Moving this back to bugs.

This looks like the issues others had in CAS too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 118 (7,835 Views)