Re: Launcher claiming I don't own item under my Sim Store Purchase History

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Store content wont show up in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did understand what you meant and after I posted that response I had an idea that worked.  I uninstalled the game and removed the files I needed from the folder in the documents file.  I deleted the file in the documents File and reinstalled the game through Origin.  I also uninstalled the EA app before reinstalling the game through Origin.  I did this before but this time I did not reinstall the Katy Perry Sweet Treats.  Now the store content is reinstalling.

I'm also glad for this conversation between us as it seems it helped another person.  I do want to give the information to EA about the Sweet Treats affecting this problem for me as maybe it would help them.  Sweet Treats was the only stuff pack I had to use a disc for.  Who knows maybe this is a factor.  Hopefully all the information we can provide will help. 

Also, I understand you do not want to make it sound like you have inside knowledge but you also have to understand that some do believe that EA has abandoned the sims 3.  I have a few friends that really believe this is true and one is vowing never to buy another EA game due to this.  Using the word "IF" feeds into this and makes people believe that the "EA will never do anything to fix Sims 3" ideas are correct.  Just saying the truth which is in your signature already and not using the word "IF" would work better for all concerned.

I do hope that everyone facing this problem will have their solution to have their game back 100%

Message 151 of 206 (1,525 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

Thank you all for your patience so far while we work to address this issue, and to @puzzlezaddict for your effort in maintaining this thread as well.

At this time we have a fix we're testing for this that we hope to release soon if all goes well, I'll keep you all updated as we get more information to share.
EACade
Message 152 of 206 (1,430 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI actually found something out yesterday, when you first log in to the EA app and start your game in the Installed Games bar to the left, all my store bought content is shown as installed and working, but if I start the game from My Collection the store content shows as it does for you. It's tedious but that's what I've found out. Hope this helps everyone!

edit: I have tried using Origin again, didn't help, fiddling with the files only gave a temporary solution, so far the only thing that has helped is to launch the game from the Installed Games bar, it doesn't make sense to me but I guess it uses a different directory or something.

Message 153 of 206 (1,424 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Store content uninstalls/won't reinstall, EA App

@Jennifant  I was actually launching Sims 3 through the Installed Games list when I tested myself, but perhaps something has changed since then.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 154 of 206 (1,392 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fingers crossed it works

Message 155 of 206 (1,227 Views)

Problems downloading purchased items from store

★ Novice

I have purchase items from The Sims 3 Store and over the years.  I own everything in the store.  When I'm trying to download them it keeps telling me that I do not own that item and where to go purchase it.  It says right in the store you own this item.  Once in a while I get lucky and it will work and actually download some for me.  But then when I go back in the game the next time, all of it has boxes by it in the launcher, no installed icon,  and doesn't show up in the game.  I got this computer right when I switched my Origin over to EA App on my 7 windows computer.  It switched great, just as it was supposed to.  But this windows 10 computer, even with my same EA account,  still doesn't work right.  It just doesn't want to accept my store content and keep it stable.  I even tried just downloading my Downloads, Saves, and SavedOutfits from my windows 7 (by way of thumb drive) in my game in this windows 10 computer.  That didn't work at all.  Couldn't even start my game at all.  I finally got a game going in it though and it plays well.  My store content is like a ghost, sometimes loads and appears in game.  Other times uninstalls it self and leaves me with empty boxes in my launcher.  I spent a fortune over the years buying the entire store contents.  I certainly would like to be able to play them on both computers.  I live in a 3 floors split level house and the conveinence of having a computer on the floor I needed to be on at the time was invaluable.  I have had 6 major surgeries in the past six years (including 3 full knee replacements.  I need to be able to play my Sims on both computers. I'd think all you'd have to do is check my purchase history to check and verify I have purchased the items.  So why such a problem in letting me download from the store or my purchase history?  It keeps telling me I need to purchase the items yet the site verifies itself that I have done such.  There are some of the store worlds it doesn't give me credit in the web site that I own those.  But I did buy them long ago and they are in my downloads.  If you can help me straightened my problems with this out I would greatly appreciate it.  I love playing the Sims games and especially Sims 3 because I love horses.  Thank you for listening and hopefully you can straighten this out for me.

Message 156 of 206 (1,092 Views)

Re: Problems downloading purchased items from store

@expandsims  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  You can see a reply from EA_Cade with an update a few posts above your own saying that a fix is being tested right now.  In the interim, please see the first post on page one for more information.

Message 157 of 206 (1,086 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue with all content purchased previously in the Sims 3 online store ever since the upgrade to the new EA app. The new app is not recognizing I own content I purchased from the Sims 3 online store, so it blocks it from showing up in the game and shows on the app that I have to buy it.

It might work and recognize the content for a day or so, but then stops seeing I own it again and blocks it from showing in the game again.

It's very frustrating. I refuse to re-purchase content I spent a lot of $$$ buying. I hope they fix this bug some day.

Message 158 of 206 (1,014 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lgaudet Are you using the EA app or the EA BETA app? Have you tried using the open downloads dashboard option in game?

Message 159 of 206 (1,005 Views)

@lgaudet  I've moved your post to the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for more information.  You'll also notice a reply from an EA Community Manager a few posts above yours saying this issue may be resolved soon.

Message 160 of 206 (1,343 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help