Re: Sims 4 save files not showing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi mine aren't working either and I have done the removing.ver0 yet it still doesnt work. I have just installed 'get to work' then as soon as I loaded up the game none of mt saved files were there even though they are in my folder and none of my cc showed up. I tried removing them from my folders and starting up the game to see if that was the issue but it was not. My game has been working perfectly fine before I installed the expansion pack and I'm not sure how to uninstall it but this has never happened before. Help.

Message 1 of 6 (469 Views)

@JasmineElsadany  Please post a screenshot of the folder that contains your saves, as in, I'd like to see a list of the save files themselves.  Please include the address bar, which is above the list of files, as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I want to recover the ones from yesterday as those are my most recent. I don't know whats happened to my custom content too.

Message 3 of 6 (476 Views)

@JasmineElsadany  Are you on a Mac?  Right-click on Slot_00000005.save , at the top of the list, and select Get Info, then copy the full file path under Where and paste it here.

Message 4 of 6 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I am on a Mac. 

Message 5 of 6 (444 Views)

@JasmineElsadany  I've moved your posts to the Sims 4 Mac section.  The issue is that this save, and perhaps all your saves, are in a folder on your desktop, as you can see from the file path.  Move the saves to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves, and the game should read them again.

Make sure you're in the local version of Documents, as in, the one stored on your computer and not in iCloud Drive.  You can check the full file path with Get Info at any time.  You can also get into the local version of Documents by double-clicking Macintosh HD, in the left panel of a Finder window, and selecting Users > your username > Documents.

Message 6 of 6 (406 Views)