[READ FIRST] Saves, CC/Mods or Library items disappeared? iCloud issues

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: @ sims 4 and @ ea where is my saved game data configuring to ? is my data lo

@Kimmyyslice 

Sims 4 doesn’t support cloud saves in Origin.

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 161 of 528 (517 Views)

Re: @ sims 4 and @ ea where is my saved game data configuring to ? is my data lo

★★ Novice

what is terminal ? does mac support that what do i need to do to get my data back ?

Message 162 of 528 (356 Views)

@Kimmyyslice

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_(macOS)

I’m trying to help you, please follow the instructions in my previous post and post the results.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 163 of 528 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

/Users/ravenholmes/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/Documents - Raven’s MacBook Air/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

/Users/ravenholmes/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

/Users/ravenholmes/Applications/The Sims 4 Packs

/Users/ravenholmes/Applications/The Sims 4.app

/Users/ravenholmes/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources/The Sims 4.app

ravenholmes@ravens-air ~ %   this is what is says but the dat I'm referring is from January 17 2022 at 11:01pm that's what I'm missing .

Message 164 of 528 (338 Views)

@Kimmyyslice

Your Sims 4 data is being stored in iCloud (Library > Mobile Documents), as per the link I previously gave you and have now merged your thread into. You need to follow the instructions for disabling iCloud Drive and store the Sims 4 folder locally in Documents > Electronic Arts

If you do not understand how to do this after following the instructions and other links in the opening post on page 1, perhaps you can ask a friend or family member to help you?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 165 of 528 (324 Views)

★★ Novice

it tells me origin cannot open files of this type . when the original document come from origin

Message 166 of 528 (313 Views)

★★ Novice

its telling me it cannot opent his file in origin . i dont have anything on my cpu as far as pics i have enough storage its a brand new cpu. i dont even have my icloud drive on here . i copied the files from icloud and im afraid to delte the oroginal folder because nothing is working 

Message 167 of 528 (457 Views)

@Kimmyyslice

The game will only look in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 for data to load when you open the game. It will not load anythign you have in those folders with "copy" in the file name.

You never load saves by double clicking on the files.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 168 of 528 (441 Views)

Sims 4 keeps deleting all my saved games

★★★ Newbie

Help!!!

sims 4 keeps deleting all my saves. I have tried everything!! First I tried repairing, then I tried deleting everything and reinstalling. Nothing helps, every time I save, and when I reopen the game everything is gone.. they families I made are still in the gallery but the saved game is gone. I’ve come to terms with the fact that all the work and progress I’ve made is lost, but I can’t believe I have to start from scratch every time I open the game.. there is absolutely no point in playing anymore!!

i have ofc looked through some of the tips in here, but my Electronic arts file IS EMPTY!!

please help someone who desperately wants to keep enjoying Sims 4

Message 169 of 528 (434 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps deleting all my saved games

@Marieer25

Please read the opening post on page 1 for further help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 170 of 528 (391 Views)