This is as far as the start up goes...

Message 71 of 216 (3,282 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★ Novice

thanks it worked! 

Message 72 of 216 (3,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Please help. My Origin just wont launch my sims game😭 I even deleted all my mods/cc and reset Origin and I even pressed repair game. But when I try to open the sims game it just says “Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play the sims 4” I’ve been dealing with this for months now and no tutorial or anything has worked and I’m also on a MacBook Pro
Message 73 of 216 (3,204 Views)

@Nerrssi

Please run the reset tool again, trash the Origin app from your Applications folder, re-download Origin, install it and see if it will load.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 74 of 216 (3,186 Views)

★ Novice

DONT WORRY I HAVE A (semi)solution!

1.go through your mods folder if you have one.

2.if you do,do you remember a tiny text box that says "(the name of your mod)could be harmful to this game.are you sure you want to download it?

3.go through your mods and think about which ones are probably harmful.then you might have to delete them.but if you want your game to work that's just the price you'll have to pay.

Message 75 of 216 (3,038 Views)

★★ Novice
same
Message 76 of 216 (2,966 Views)

★★ Novice

what if that does not work because I don't have a thing like that none of my cc did that........

Message 77 of 216 (2,964 Views)

@chilsonanc

If you have Mods installed move the whole Mods folder to the desktop then try launching the game again.

You could also try disabling Origin in-game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 78 of 216 (2,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well guys I had the same problem as well. If you followed the steps that said put the Sims 4 on your desktop! Don't worry it works. You just take out all the cc you have, and then put it back in little by little that's how I did mine and it worked! 

Message 79 of 216 (2,825 Views)

★★ Novice

When I get Origin up, then I hit The Sims 4 in the Game Library, and when it comes up, I hit play, and the Sims 4 doesn't come up at all. Also, when I hit play, Origin isn't up for a couple seconds or so, then the Origin comes back up again. I don't if it is a problem with my cc and mods because I have cc and mods, so I don't know if the problem has something to do with that. I'm trying to figure out what I could do to fix this problem. I tried a couple of things, but none of them worked.

Message 80 of 216 (2,707 Views)