Multiple Documents folders, Saves and Mods not loading

by maddya222

Original Post

Multiple Documents folders, Saves and Mods not loading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I have had the sims on my Mac for a while with practically no issues however yesterday I went to open the game as usual and it asked me to restart due to a new update which I did. After reopening it the game was functioning and the expansion packs I had purchased are too, but previous saves were gone with no option to 'Load Game' and when I went into CAS my custom content had all completely disappeared, the filter for custom content was also gone. My storage is not full and I feel like I have tried everything. Although I would love my previous saves back what I really want is access to my cc and mods. Any ideas? thank you in advance Standard smile

Edit - Split from different thread, edited title (Bluebellflora)

Message 1 of 21 (684 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Saved Files Disappeared

★★★ Newbie
@maddya222 also forgot to mention that all my cc and mods are still in my mods folder just not functioning
Message 2 of 21 (754 Views)

@maddya222

I’m not really sure what help you’re hoping for? All the info you need is in the opening post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 21 (749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for getting back to me. I did read the post on page one but my Mac storage seems fine, I checked it as instructed and there seems to be plenty of space? My mods folder hasn't moved from documents either.

Message 4 of 21 (735 Views)

@maddya222 

It's not just the storage, it's iCloud settings too.

Let's properly look at your Mods folder location. Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following search command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

For help with how to use Mods, extracting and installing, you should post in the Game & Mods forum - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-issues-mods-en

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 21 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

/Users/myname/Documents/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods

/Users/myname/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods

myname@myname-Air ~ % 

here are the results, I just replaced my actual name with 'myname' which I hope won't affect anything.

Message 6 of 21 (713 Views)

@maddya222 

Yeah that's fine Standard smile

You have two Electronic Arts folders. One correctly in your Documents folder and one within a folder called Documents in your Documents folder. The one in the second Documents folder will not be read by the game so all saves, mods etc. need to be in the correct one - Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 21 (705 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have looked through my documents folder and I cant seem to find it, I am wondering if the documents file in my favourites is the wrong one as I did accidentally remove it from that bar into I think the iCloud Drive and have to put it back the other day, maybe it was the wrong one I'm not sure?

Message 8 of 21 (700 Views)

@maddya222

Sounds like it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 21 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, sorry if this sounds dumb, clearly I am lacking in any technological knowledge but what exactly should I do now?

Message 10 of 21 (682 Views)