Mods not working

by ArielEllaAri

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods not working

★★★ Newbie

I have been a PC user my entire life and have been playing the Sims since I was a kid. I have played the Sims 4 since it came out and have used mods the entire time. I took a pause from playing for a bit, and recently I decided to go back to it, only I have a mac now. 

I did my usual, downloaded Origin, downloaded the sims and all the extras and then the game was working completely fine. I then got to work on getting some CC and that went completely fine as well, but then, it simply would not show that there were any mods in the game.

I went into the Mods folder, checked that everything was in place and nothing seemed off. Still, seeing as it was not working, I duplicated the folder, saved the resource file, and tried to delete all the mods... most of them got deleted except for a handful that said that I did not have permission to delete. But when I checked if I did have permission, sure enough, I do. Upon further inspection, the untouchable mods are not mods that I have added to the game this time around... but old mods (which should still be functional because I checked) from the last time I played, on a completely different computer. I don't know if I'm losing my mind, but I swear to God the nightmare it was to always get a new laptop because all progress was lost because the sims don't transport items from device to device. Nothing else from any previous game is saved, just those little random clothing mods. 

I have spent HOURS looking up and testing every single possible solution and I just don't know what to do anymore. 

1. Yes, I have mods and script mods enabled. And yes, I have disabled, restarted, and enabled. Multiple. Times. 

2. The resource.cfg file is intact and in its place. 

3. I can't count how many times I have deleted and re-downloaded the game and origin, it always has the same issue.

4. The 'mods old' trick is not working (or any similar ones for that matter). I'm not forgetting to be online or to have everything closed when I rename the file or anything.

5. I cannot clear the cache or anything, don't have permission to touch those either. 

6. All the mods are in the correct format .package, and none of them are in subfolders.

7. The repair function on origin is not doing anything, and there are no missing updates either.

Please help. 

I love this game so much and I have been so excited to get back into it, but even if the game itself still works, I feel like half of the fun is the mods.

Message 1 of 8 (1,140 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mods not working

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded everything on a different user on my mac and is now running perfectly fine, all the same mods and everything.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (997 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 8 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the answer, however, sadly this did not help as my mac is brand new (only a few months old) and the storage is basically empty. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,011 Views)

@ArielEllaAri 

How much storage is available?

What is the current iCloud Drive setting?

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following search command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded everything on a different user on my mac and is now running perfectly fine, all the same mods and everything.

Message 5 of 8 (998 Views)

@ArielEllaAri

Good to know. Probably a simple setting in the user account causing it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 8 (994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same exact problems at the moment right now, how did you resolve this?

Message 7 of 8 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too, have you resolved? how?

Message 8 of 8 (287 Views)