I have to download Sims 4 and all the packs every time I open Origin

by Lov2500

Original Post

I have to download Sims 4 and all the packs every time I open Origin

★★★★★ Novice

So frustrated.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin.  I have restarted my computer.  I have run the Reset Origin program.  Please heeelllppp!

Message 1 of 9 (2,743 Views)

Packs undownloading themselves

★★★ Newbie

So I have the Sims 4 on my MacBook Pro. Over the past year or so I have downloaded some mods to my game, most of it was just some hair and clothing items and things like clutter, but there weren’t any active mods that were changing my gameplay. I noticed one day that my content from EA packs that I had bought was missing whenever I would go to create a Sim. I then looked on origin and saw that some of the packs I had downloaded were undownloaded somehow. This happened multiple times with multiple packs and I tried to re-download every single one of them and I also try to repair the game and update it through origin. I also removed all of my mods and custom content that I had just in case I had something in there that was messing up my game. Then it seemed like everything was working, and then everything from my get famous pack was still not in the game and it said that I had removed a world from my game, But whenever I would look at it on origin it would say “details” instead of “play” but say that it was already installed. I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, like I said I removed all of my custom content and even without that in the game my packs are still undownloading and just being very weird and I can’t figure out what the issue was. If anyone has a solution or knows what I can do please let me know, thank you.

Message 2 of 9 (2,737 Views)

Re: Packs undownloading themselves

@Lov2500 @heyitsshlay 

Sounds like your Sims 4 Packs folder, where all of your downloaded packs are installed, is not in the right location. In the same install location as your Sims 4 app there should be a folder called Sims 4 Packs.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 12.02.59.png

If you have moved it to another location you need to move it back.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 9 (2,707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have both of them on an external drive in the same folder.  Also, I have my game library location mapped to my external drive.  It seems to happen almost every other time I try to play.

Untitled.png 

Untitled2.png

Message 4 of 9 (2,636 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lov2500

Hmm. That looks right. What's in the Sims 4 Packs folder? Can you screenshot the contents?

Also, how come Origin is a folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,629 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, so is there no way to put The Sims 4 on your desktop without it messing up the files?

Message 6 of 9 (2,035 Views)

@0ce26294d1ebd767

The Sims 4 game? Or the Sims 4 folder containing your saves and other user data?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (2,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The sims 4 game 

Message 8 of 9 (2,021 Views)

@0ce26294d1ebd767

Why do you want it on the desktop? Why not in one of the Applications folders? You can direct Origin to install the game anywhere you like in Origin > Preferences > Installs & Saves.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,018 Views)