Re: CAS, Build mode, live mode camera being weird

by celosiiaJ

Original Post

@celosiiaJ

Ok, thanks for clarifying. If you find a fix please make sure to post here so others can see what worked for you.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 39 (1,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank you for replying to my posts and trying to help me with this issue! Here are some other things I tried that did not work:

- Disabled all my packs, and started up a completely new Sims 4 without any of my previous data. 

- Messed around with my mouse settings, along with the Sims 4 settings to see if any change would fix the issue.

Hopefully there is an update in the future that fixes this problem. 

Message 12 of 39 (1,213 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (with an empty Mods folder and macOS up-to-date)?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 39 (931 Views)

★ Novice

I am. I just repaired game files, reset the game (fresh files), rebooted MacBook Pro 15 2017, tried with a new mouse, tried with no mouse (touchpad only) and still having issues. Only thing that makes a difference is changing from Retina display to unchecking Retina display - with checked the camera will turn only to the right and will drag Sim features in CAS but only up (so can only make eyebrows go up, nose, chest size, etc. Can't go down), without it checked it won't turn at all or "drag" features in CAS mode when editing a Sim.

Message 14 of 39 (843 Views)

@ahzidahakah

Which specific macOS version?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 15 of 39 (833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am a previous poster in this thread, and as of today, this issue still occurs. Even with my mods folder empty and an up-to-date macOS, the camera glitching unfortunately continues. 

Message 16 of 39 (608 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @celosiiaJ @ahzidahakah 

Could you send me a direct message with this file?

\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log

Also, if you could share a video of the issue occurring, that may be helpful for the team as well.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 39 (583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I'm willing to do that, however I'm not exactly sure how to send the file via direct message. Is there any guide/tutorial that I can read?

Also, just for clarification, would you like me to the video to sent via direct message as well, or would you like for it to be uploaded in a post like this?

Message 18 of 39 (576 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @celosiiaJ 

To send a DM to @SimQARobo you can simply click this link or hover over the avatar of the person you wish to DM and then click Send Message. 

For best practices on sending files there is a pinned thread in the Bug Reports section here that has more information.

Please let me know how you get on Standard smile  

EACade
Message 19 of 39 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Cade for those helpful links! I sent a direct message containing the file to @SimQARobo a couple of minutes ago.

I also decided to just include the video of the issue in this post so people in the community can see what I'm referring to in my previous posts. Sorry for the slightly poor quality, I had to make the file smaller so it could be uploaded.

If there are any problems regarding viewing the video, please let me know!

Edit: Lol I just realized how small the video is in the post. If you want a closer look I can send it in a direct message. 

Message 20 of 39 (533 Views)