by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Macbook Pro M1 Pro & M1 Max support

★★★ Novice

for 16'' this dose work 

Message 81 of 116 (502 Views)

Re: Macbook Pro M1 Pro & M1 Max support

@queenkeelie711

Thanks! Always helpful when people provide confirmation of a workaround on specific models, it's really beneficial to other users reading and looking for help Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 82 of 116 (487 Views)

MacBook Pro, 14 inch, 2023 model with an M2 Pro chip mouse issue

★★★ Newbie

OK so I have a MacBook Pro, 14 inch, 2023 model with an M2 Pro chip. I’m currently running Ventura 13.2.1. 

I moved over my Sims four finally, and was excited to play. But I am having an issue where my mouse is always lower than where the button actually is. But it’s almost like the button and the mouse are not lining up properly. It only does this in full screen mode, when I am in windowed mode, it works fine… But I would still like to play in full screen.
I have tried to find some solutions but not have worked. Can anyone help?

Message 83 of 116 (410 Views)

Re: MacBook Pro, 14 inch, 2023 model with an M2 Pro chip mouse issue

@norawhite1998

See workaround solution on page 1.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 84 of 116 (394 Views)

Macbook - clickable area on items is below the item edge

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hey, the bug is literally everywhere in the game. Try hovering your cursor over anything and you'll see.
What happens when the bug occurs? You are unable to click the action/item properly - in the item clickable area. Instead, it is slightly somehow moved downwards.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to click correctly on the item/action in the visible in-game click area.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello!

I am experiencing this issue since I have been playing and recently it has been bugging me more than ever :D.

I am on MacBook 2021, 14" retina, M1. I guess it has something to do with the specific 14" screen size?

I am playing the game on the resolution: 2294 x 1490

The area, where I can click on any setting, item, or really anything that is clickable in the game (and in the menu) is moved downwards. So if I want to click on anything, I have now learned to click "below" the actual item to click on.

ATTACHMENTS: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1krgbS3RpRlbAdFhx0Xmz-hYwcXCyGhm3?usp=share_link (folder name: sinnerin - mac 14" - click area issue)

When you watch the attachment: game.MOV - you can see that I am trying to swap between the tabs, however, I have to go way below the actual icon to be able to click it. On the mac, sometimes my bottom panel with apps jumps over the game. This is the most annoying part I think.

When you watch the attachment: settings.MOV - you can see, that I am trying to change the settings tab, but the click area of "Herní kamera" (game camera? :D) goes lower than the actual button - to the horizontal middle of the button below it - "Snímek Obrazovky" (screenshot?). This is how it works in-game as well.

The attachment with the name: IMG_7941.JPG - you can see, that after clicking on a sofa, the option to "sit down" goes way below the edge of the button.

Thanks for doing this! I hope it will get fixed eventually.

Kind regards,

Kristina

Message 85 of 116 (422 Views)

Cursor bug

★★★★★ Newbie

I am unable to click on any items in the game or use the menu bar. This bug has prevented me from playing the game for months. I have tried repairing, uninstall and reinstall, updating,  and nothing fixes it. Any time I have my cursor over an items or button it does not allow me to click on it, unless I move my cursor well below what I am trying to click on. 

Message 86 of 116 (391 Views)

Re: Macbook - clickable area on items is below the item edge

★★★ Apprentice
@sinnerin Have you ever adjusted the graphics settings? Try going into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 in Finder and delete the file called Options.ini
Message 87 of 116 (383 Views)

Re: Macbook - clickable area on items is below the item edge

@sinnerin

It's not a bug, it's as a result of the camera notch on your Mac. See the workaround solution on page 1 for suggestions.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 88 of 116 (368 Views)

Re: Cursor bug

@britneywilsonn  Just a wild gues, but if you're playing Sims 4, and you have a Mac with a camera notch, please see this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-WORKAROUND-Pointer-clicks-off-target-M1-Pro-and-M1-M...

Otherwise, please list the game you're having trouble with as well as the operating system your computer runs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 89 of 116 (367 Views)

Re: Cursor bug

★★★★★ Newbie

That actually worked! Thank you so much :D 

Message 90 of 116 (355 Views)