Re: mouse offset

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: ❗️ [WORKAROUND] Pointer clicks off-target M1 Pro and M1 Max (camera notch)

@emma_rb29

Thanks! We now have three workarounds, I’ll add this to the solution on page 1 Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 116 (1,289 Views)

mouse offset

★★★ Newbie

Hi I just got a new computer for graduation and I downloaded the sims 4 on to my new Mac. When I opened the game the mouse was slightly off set and I barely noticed it, but when I made a new save my mouse would need to be significantly lower then then button I was trying to click. For example I would be in Build and Buy and I would try to click the door icon but to click it my mouse would be on the foundation button. This has become an issue especially when trying to click somewhere closer to the bottom of the screen. It is also not an issue anywhere else on my new laptop, I have only run into this issue when the sims 4 is open. I have left a screen shot below to show this issue. In the screenshot there is a circle the circle represents the mouse that did not show in the screenshot. Thank you for your time for looking into this, I look forward to a response

Message 52 of 116 (1,314 Views)

Hero
@baileyboo71104 Do you have a 14” or 16” M1 MacBook Pro ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 116 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

16 inch

Message 54 of 116 (1,267 Views)

Hero
@baileyboo71104 I merged your post with the main Mac thread on this then. Could you pleas try the workaround posted in the solution post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 116 (1,226 Views)

Re: Macbook Pro M1 Pro & M1 Max support

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Thank you
Message 56 of 116 (1,027 Views)

Sims 4 Buttons not Synced with Screen - 14" Mac

★★ Novice

I recently purchased a 14 inch mac to upgrade to from my old 13 inch. I opened the sims 4 and I notice some of the buttons weren't highlighting. After playing with it for a few minutes, I realized that the sims was registering where to click buttons around 1/3-1/4 lower that the button was displayed on the screen. I do not have any mods.

Message 57 of 116 (847 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Buttons not Synced with Screen - 14" Mac

@SilverDragon1256

Merged. See the solution on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 58 of 116 (830 Views)

Re: ❗️ [WORKAROUND] Pointer clicks off-target M1 Pro and M1 Max (camera notch)

★ Novice

Hi!

You will need to change your resolution settings in the options menu.

The option that is 1 lower/below the default resolution works for me.

Hope this helps!

Message 59 of 116 (621 Views)

Re: Can't click buttons in Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and repairing isn't working. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Message 60 of 116 (476 Views)